should mr farke come to city,as it has been stated he will bring just 1 other coach with him,therefore would alan irvine

have a chance of getting onboard with them would be a shame to lose him,he has done well for the 10 games with city,could be a big help with the training to concentrate on

I like to see Irvine take the vacant U23 managers role.

I suspect there will be almost a completely new coaching team though as Farke will have considerably different methods to Irvine, who is a little more old school.

Whether these coaches come from Dortmund, another club in Germany or somewhere else altogether is another matter. It will be Webber''s responsibility to build the coaching team so he could have people in mind already.

Welcome back Roger, glad to see you''ve been tempted back after all this time.

No idea what will happen with the coaching team but guess once the Head Coach is announced we''ll find our very quickly. Like Bethnal wouldn''t mind him taking over the under 23''s but guess he''ll want more than that and HC will bring his own team in, so don''t see him staying tbh

Irvine wasn''t just here for ten games, he was there all season as Neil''s right hand man.

Irvine was part of the problem.

I''m not so sure it''s so black and white as that.

For example, I work in hotels and it''s not uncommon to find very good operations managers who are dictated what they can affect by poor GMs- rightly or wrongly, that is the chain of command.

I think you can see a resemblance in the AI team compared to that under AN, but with some key differences that undoubtedly turned us into a different prospect to face as the season drew on.

I actually think that retaining Ai is quite important. He knows the players, the league, other teams and styles of play and has contacts in the game. We are not Dortmund in terms of size and structure or German where players may respond in different ways, and the Champs is notoriously difficult. Farke will need someone with that Eng lge experience.

Good point, Tumbleweed. Would imagine he''ll at least keep AI around for the summer, to help manage the transition and give him the lowdown on our current players.Bethnal''s suggestion of Irvine managing the U23s is a good one, although would seem a tad harsh on Richard Money who has bags of experience and is pretty highly thought of as a youth coach, I believe.Whatever happens, this must surely spell the end for Frankie McAvoy – gonna need someone else to put the cones out... [;)]