Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

RIP Noel Kinsey

Passed away aged 91.A bit before my time but I can recall seeing him play a few times and he was always highly regarded by my elders. He made 223 appearances for us scoring 65 goals and he is included in our Hall of Fame.RIP.

Yes, very sad. Many people will also know him from his days at Norwich Union which is where he worked after he retired from professional football.

had the pleasure of meeting him on several occassions, modest with a good sense of humour.

RIP

Indeed, I met him when I worked at NU and he was great company with a lovely sense of humour. Despite living in Norfolk for so long, his Welsh accent was still very strong. RIP Noel.

Oh for the day of the inside forward

Amazing the talent he had compared to the £8 million plus Naismith

Met him via an ex City player, Trevor Rowlands. I was young at the time but he seemed a nice guy.

Of course he was one of the few internationals we had at the time.

Now they give caps to anyone.

Trevor Rowlands the Welsh ginger haired half back

Real tough guy in the BJ mould

R.I.P.Noel is pictured on the front row, second left -[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/norwich-city-team-group-taken-before-the-match-donald-pickwick-john-picture-id637489494[/img]

Noel scored a goal for Birmingham City in the 1956 Cup Final which they lost to Manchester City in a match most well-known for the broken neck suffered by the Manchester City goalkeeper Bert Trautmann who continued to play on with his injury.

When you look at that picture, it is a wonder they could play at all. Those shirts must have been awful and the shin pads look like body armour. The ball looks knackered before they kick off with it.

The only comparison with today is the length of the shorts.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]R.I.P.Noel is pictured on the front row, second left -[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/norwich-city-team-group-taken-before-the-match-donald-pickwick-john-picture-id637489494[/img][/quote]

Anyone know if Noel was the last of the pictured team to die

Remember them all apart from the player siting next to Leslie Eyre

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]R.I.P.Noel is pictured on the front row, second left -[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/norwich-city-team-group-taken-before-the-match-donald-pickwick-john-picture-id637489494[/img][/quote]

The photo was taken on January 11th 1951, before the League Division 3 South match away to Leyton Orient.Norwich City team group taken before the match. (back l-r) Donald

Pickwick, John Duffy, Kenneth Nethercock, Reg Foulkes, William Lewis and

Ronald Ashman. (front l-r) John Gavin, Noel Kinsey, Roy Hollis, Leslie

Eyre and Thomas Docherty.