Sign in to follow this  

Certainly didn''t see that one coming - Palace are in a bit of trouble, need a hell of a lot of sorting and now a new manager. I don''t suppose they''ll be looking to scupper our Farke chase, so that''s ok!

Just saw this about an hour ago, got a funny feeling last nights events might have had a lot to do with this, in the statement said lots about spending time with his children and grandchildren while the were still the age they are and not missing out on life working so many hours as a football manager after apparently at the weekend speaking to parish about transfer strategy for next season, very spur of the moment thing.

Barton gone, Terry gone, Allardyce gone and the Augean stables of English football are all the cleaner for it. If only the FA would appoint Hercules its chairman .......

There''s plenty of time and plenty of sub standard managers to be appointed at Palace. BUT now my relegation contenders have changed to Palace, Watford and the team promoted by play offs. I know that''s a little grim but I''m getting them in early as I''m prone to a little gallows humour

I can understand if he might have had enough of getting clubs out of relegation trouble. At some point he would probably have failed in it.

We have a new event inspired by the time of year. As well as the ''first Cuckoo of Spring'' we can now add the ''First call for Sam Allerdyce of the Season''. Initially the Government were going to combine it with the clock change in October but it''ll probably get pushed back to early December.Favourites for next season are ''whoever gors up in the play-offs'', closely followed by Crystal Palace.

He and Harry could form a new political alliance. The Bung Party.

Not a huge surprise he has decided to retire (although wouldn''t be surprised if he does turn up again).

He often stated his greatest ambition was to manage England, he managed that but then ruined it by his own largeness. Think he took the Palace job as no one wants to end their career with that kind of sour note but he didn''t seem to have that drive that you would normally associate with him.

He said only a matter of days ago that he felt one day he''d just wake up and not want to manage anymore. Looks like he had that day.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Barton gone, Terry gone, Allardyce gone and the Augean stables of English football are all the cleaner for it. If only the FA would appoint Hercules its chairman .......[/quote]Touché. Pulis next? We live in hope…

I had to look ''Augean'' up...

Augean: extremely formidable or difficult and occasionally distasteful. An Augean task. As in: "dreaded the Augean task of cleaning the bathroom after an overflow of the toilet"