Sign in to follow this  
Jack Flash

Well done Ed!

Respected former Tottenham and Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli advised Norwich City to embark on a bold new strategy, which led to the appointment of Stuart Webber as sporting director.

The Frenchman, who worked closely with Webber at Liverpool, revealed he had spoken at length with Canaries’ chairman Ed Balls over the past 12 months to pass on his vast experience of the continental model.

Lots of doubters when Ed Balls became our Chairman less than 18 months ago but what is happening at our Club seems to have been driven by Ed. Extract here from article last month worth re-reading - “.....Ed Balls asked me the same question around 12 months ago and I said, ‘Ed, as long as you don’t have a different structure in your football club, you will struggle. You need to have a sporting director who’s going to build your culture and implement values which can be maintained. As long as you don’t have that, you won’t be able to sustain success.

“More and more clubs are now going in this direction and I’m amazed that people are still surprised by it.”

[quote user="lappinitup"]I would imagine Tom played a part too with all his experience at the Foreign Office. [;)][/quote]

The boy Tom was at the MoD where he left a £35bn black hole.