Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Nice to see the season ticket sales are going so well...

We have no idea how next season will turn out, like most clubs to be honest but it''s still exciting. Ipswich however know for definate that they will finish 8th to 20th and be bored stiff by the football they''ll see. They won''t get to see any really exciting youngsters, any player who has a good season will be linked away constantly, the wins will feel lucky, the draws will feel as bad as defeats for being so meaningless etc

Hope it carries on for the foreseeable future. Karma and all that...

10, 000 (ITFC)

22, 000 (NCFC)

12, 000 difference on 23 home games at say £25 all-in spend per game.

Equals extra income on SEASON TICKETS alone of nearly £7m per season.

Add onto that our usual near full house top-up (@ more than £25 per head) our parachutes and our extra sponsorship and likely television money and our valuable squad (if we need to sell that is) and we think we have money problems.

Correct my assumptions at will, they are a bit fag-packet.

the 22''000 to 24''000 we managed every game in L1 before Lambert''s climb really started is a far better indicator of how superior our support is.

We were mid table in L1, it had seemed like Gunn had bought a load of rubbish Holty aside as most of our starting 11 was made up of the previous seasons leftovers plus Holty, Lambert had managed a couple of big wins against dross at the time like Wycombe and Leyton Orient but our situation was still seemingly really grim. I mean, at the time we''d have been aspiring to Championship mediocrity, but we still absolutely dwarfed their support.

i remember being at the game v Walsall. We''d just drawn two games, we drew that game and were lower mid table, in like October time. We pulled in 23''000 for that game. Absolutely incredible support!

24, 500 average in L1? Is that so?

When ITFC get relegated as seems inevitable they will be lucky to get an average of above 10, 000.

That won''t be enough to pay for the polish for their massive trophy cabinet, the Silvo for all those trophys or the pigeon repellent needed to keep the shite from landing on all those statues. Not forgetting the rent they have to pay the Council for the ground their decaying stands sit upon or the rent to ME for the training ground.

If I was a supplier to that lot I''d be very concerned about being shafted next season.