Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Daniel Farke

Anyone with any knowledge of the German football league pyramid know what the equivilent standard in England would be to the level he''s been operating at with Bor.Dortmund II in a regional fourth tier league?

League 1, 2 / Vanarama??.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Have no ideas on what tactics Norwich might deploy or who will play as you have to assume there will be at least 5 or 6 new players at Norwich before the close of the window - potentially before the first game kicks off if Norwich can act quickly.

The only real clue we have so far is Marley Watkins, who can play wide, which might suggest still playing with wide attackers. Although also heard he can play down the centre, so that doesn''t really give much away.

3 at the back is quickly becoming the new ''in'' thing - with Chelsea and Arsenal both using it. Wouldn''t be surprised if it is something Norwich try to utilise next season.[/quote]Exciting times, however we decide to play. The biggest challenge we face now is trying to offload some of the deadwood – Jarvis, Tettey, Wildschut and Naismith in particular. Realistically, only Wildschut is likely to command any kind of significant transfer fee. Generating funds could necessitate one or two decent players having to leave – Howson, Dorrans, Jerome, Klose, maybe even one of the Murphys at a stretch.

If this guy brings a high pressing, faster passing game to Norwich, I''d be very pleased as it''s what I''ve been asking for in many of our matches. It worked years ago and should work again, even if it''s got a fancy ''gegenpress'' name.

[quote user="They call me the Chihauhau"]Looks like we are structuring for a long stay in the championship Most disappointing[/quote]

I think we can all guess that Waveney would have been most disappointed unless one particular former manager was appointed, despite him having a mediocre record at several Champs clubs after he left us...

people talking about tactics seem to have forgotten what league we play in and that you need to have certain ability of player to be able to play that way

[quote user="iron_stan"]people talking about tactics seem to have forgotten what league we play in and that you need to have certain ability of player to be able to play that way[/quote]I was talking about tactics. We play in the Championship.At the start of last season, Huddersfield were among the bookies'' favourites for relegation from the Championship, but have finished third and got to Wembley by utilising the high-pressing tactical game employed by Borussia Dortmund. Would you say they had players of a better ''ability'' than ours? I wouldn''t. I''d say the reason they performed so much better than us last season is because of coaching and tactics. Which, incidentally, came from the same club and same tactical system as the manager we''ve just appointed.

I wonder whether he''ll be able to train the Murphys in the art of the high press, they''re not currently known for their defensive work.

Well Im very excited if its him, cant believe some of you have written him off before he''s even been announced.

Give the man a chance & judge him on the team he builds with Webber and the results

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="iron_stan"]people talking about tactics seem to have forgotten what league we play in and that you need to have certain ability of player to be able to play that way[/quote]I was talking about tactics. We play in the Championship.At the start of last season, Huddersfield were among the bookies'' favourites for relegation from the Championship, but have finished third and got to Wembley by utilising the high-pressing tactical game employed by Borussia Dortmund. Would you say they had players of a better ''ability'' than ours? I wouldn''t. I''d say the reason they performed so much better than us last season is because of coaching and tactics. Which, incidentally, came from the same club and same tactical system as the manager we''ve just appointed.[/quote]Come on Stanley, you can''t just ignore the bits that you know make sense! Tell me I''m wrong, and why I''m wrong. Did Huddersfield start the season with better players than us?

More information about DF.

I think he''s a better coach than Wagner but there''s an unpredictability in play, obviously.

Wagner''s pressing-heavy style fits the Championship well, and Farke''s

style could take a while to hammer home with players who haven''t

experienced the greatest coaching (no disrespect to Dortmund legend Paul

Lambert!).

I do think he''s taking a risk by leaving Germany but apparently he likes an adventure.

– Lars Pollmann, journalist

When he took over in November 2015, the team that was relegated from

the third division under David Wagner sat in a disappointing 15th place,

only two points above the drop zone, despite being regarded as one of

the favourites to fight for promotion.

He brought immediate success, losing just three games that season while guiding the team to a strong fourth-place finish.

This season, without major reinforcements, he had them in the fight

for the title for almost the entire year, only losing his first match of

the campaign in March.

Promotion was never even the aim this year, they just wanted to

consolidate at a high level. They won the U23 derby against FC Schalke

04 on the weekend to finish in second place.

Whereas Wagner was quite obviously coming from the same school of

thought as Klopp (high-intensity pressing and quick attacks), Farke

cannot be described as a Tuchel disciple.

He does put an emphasis on possession and organisation (they conceded 17 fewer goals than the champions), however.

It remains to be seen how he can work with a first team and how having better players at his disposal will change his approach.

He came out of the proverbial nowhere when joining Dortmund - the

obscurity of fourth-division football is not the hottest of coaching

hotbeds, even in football hipster country Germany!

Farke himself wasn''t even so sure he wanted to be a full-time coach

after being a team manager at SV Lippstadt 08 before (Coaching and

sporting directing at the same time).

Obviously he has made a name for himself quickly with his remarkable

results and by being a top bloke who''s very interesting to listen to.

He was apparently in contention for the SV Darmstadt 98 job that went

to former Germany international Torsten Frings, while also being talked

about for the Arminia Bielefeld job in the 2. Bundesliga.

This year, I''ve heard he was in talks with Bayer 04 Leverkusen but I

do not know how far that went. I''d presume he wouldn''t take the Norwich

job if Leverkusen considered him a top candidate.

[quote user="Tommo"]With Farke bringing his own staff with him it will spell the end for Irvine Kiely etc[/quote]If it is Farke and if he does bring any staff with him (neither a certainty yet as far as I know) then I notice that Edmund Reiner, his  "co-trainer" with the U-23s at Borussia Dortmund, joined the club on the same day Farke did. I am guessing that Reiner was either with Farke in his previous job at SV Lippstadt 08 or was headhunted by Farke from somewhere else. Either way it could suggest that Reiner might be arriving as well.

I concur Diane, give the guy a break and be optimistic until results say you shouldn''t be.

Good on the club for getting away from the Scottish mafia.

The thing is Chihauhau...your wet dream hero, one Paul Lambert came here on the back of the following managerial record-A win rate of just 15.6% in his time in charge of Livingstone.Managing Wycombe in League Two only and missing out on a place in the play off final when they lost to Stockport.Taking Colchester to the heady heights of 12th place in League One during his only full season there.You wouldn''t even have been born when he was appointed as our manager but I can just see the squeaks, squeals and tantrums that would have been on here from you at the time.You''d have pointed out all of the above and said how much it showed the club to be a small time and no ambition outfit and that we should have been trying to encourage a big name like Paul Merson or Mark Wright to the club.It was a leftfield appointment that no-one expected and, given he''d done very little as a manager prior to coming here, a tremendously big risk for the club to take, especially given some of the safer, more predictable names (Martin Allen et al) being tossed about at the time.But someone, somewhere, knew better-and that,.despite all that, he might end up being rather a good fit for us. He did. And I bet he regrets cutting and running when he did now, a record with the three clubs he has been at since not too dissimilar to the one he had prior to coming here.Well, now we are going leftfield again. And you''re going to have to accept it, rather than, again, ejaculating your nonsense all over your PC screen in the time honoured fashion we''ve come to expect from you and all your alter egos.Shame that. But hey. Whatever.

This potential appointment is imaginative and progressive. My only concern is the return to exactly the same place that Webber found Wagner. This could be a confirmation of his admiration for the Dortmund set up or a gamble on coming up with a winning formula twice.

However it has got to be better than Pardew, Lambert et al.

I chose excitement and a new dawn!

All I know about the situation is that Webber seems to be a Fooballing Deutschophile who is intent on a German coach.
His brief seemed to be to take Norwich back to its footballing roots, presumably similar to the heyday of Stringer and Walker. It therefore puzzles me as to why we are about to go in another direction entirely.
A Spanish or Latin American manager would have been more in keeping with our style from the 1980s/90s, I''ve always thought this to be the direction we would have evolved towards.

Dont give Waveney false hope, I have it on good authority that Farke is more of a Bratwurst & Sauerkraut man, which Im pretty partial to myself lol

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Fantastic reply old shuck, if only there was a like button[/quote]

Agreed, get back in your box Chihuahua

[quote user="They call me the Chihauhau"]Some of you never learn a lesson

Small time manager small Time ambition[/quote]

Going back to Lambert in a desperate attempt to relive past glories-now that really would be small time ambition.

Waveney is only posting as a joke to wind people up. Surely to keep banging on about Lambert and scampi is a touch ''I still play POGs and live with my mum''? But then maybe that''s just me??

[quote user="Morgan"]Waveney is only posting as a joke to wind people up. Surely to keep banging on about Lambert and scampi is a touch ''I still play POGs and live with my mum''? But then maybe that''s just me??[/quote]Yes, but the joke wore thin about 70 pseudonyms ago.

Morgan - Im pretty sure Tilly has met Waveney, dont think hes a youngster.

Well three days in on this one and the potential of Farke arriving is all over this web-site. It''s gonna be pretty embarrassing now if he doesn''t arrive!

Drink the long draft Dan! Hail the New Big Prinz!