Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Daniel Farke

My view is that  with this appointment, the (football) culture is more important than the individual, so Rosler would be a decent enough appointment. What I particularly like about Farke, though, is exactly what Indy chooses to moan about, his having been working with young players. Thanks to RM, NA and AN,we have acquired a number of really promising youngsters augmenting the best coming up from or own Academy. They all stand to benefit greatly if Farke comes in and my guess is there''s a real sense of excitement among them at this news.

Nick Mashiter‏ @nickmashiter 22m minutes ago

Lots been on-going for a while, would expect Farke to be new #ncfc boss.

He don''t get much wrong

Interesting statistics (compliments of transfermarkt.co.uk)

Matches W D L Goals Points PPG

178 81 54 43 321:202 297 1,67

46% win rate

Getting a result 76% of the time

Scores 1.6 goals for each goal against

Could provide plenty of entertainment and enjoyment for the majority

Can we all agree now that the " Farke-ing hell", "Farke off" and so on type puns will stay on this thread and not be repeated endlessly for months to come? It''s mildly amusing once or twice, but only once or twice.

No, didn''t think so....

[quote user="Herman"]Farke is the German translation of Lambert.[/quote]

ThAnks Hermy baby

I assume he will have extensive plastic surgery so he no longer looks like the Messiah

I get it

Relieved we''ve avoided Rosler. Monk too ambitious for us. Let''s hope Webber has the power to remove the new coach in a timely manner if he is failing. Let''s face it - we wouldn''t be in the midst of our fire sale omnishambles had the board acted to remove Neil earlier.

"Beyond disappointed by the news

Little ole norwich is taken to a whole new level."

How can such pessimism be remotely justified?

It''s a shot in the dark for sure, but so were the successful appointments of Walker and Lambert (and even of Neil initially**.)

The whole new set-up seems the way to go forward nowadays and that will need individuals who are likely to adhere to the structure to the benefit of our club.

The German connection excites too and could result in a few more than useful player signings.

Rather this new German connection than the Scottish one any day.

Exciting times. I, for one am now more optimistic, than at any time since the beginning of the Summer recess.

** Neil has been roundly criticised on this forum of late, and I have been a vociferous critic as well. His tactics, his signings and even his man-management have been put to the sword.

For sure, he has wasted a bundle and his (and Mad McNally''s) dealings have contributed to making us financially more vulnerable than we should be at this moment in time.

However, what current assets we have (money in the bank, quality players in the squad and an exciting array of youngsters in the pipeline) can be more than partly attributed to AN getting that promotion in the first place and lifting the team from the drift it was in to that day at Wembley. Some credit where credit is due despite the ultimate shambles.

Like all of us I know very little about Farke. What I do know is that Dortmund have an excellent record in identifying and developing excellent coaches.

From the little I have read so far the most encouraging feature is that while Dortmund made no effort to keep Wagner (who was my choice, along with Torsten Lieberknecht) they were desperate to keep Farke who they rated as a possible Tuchel replacement. That is high praise and hopefully excellent news for us.

Encouragingly his preferred 4141 approach will suit Howson, but makes the CDM role the most pivotal signing of the summer.

But other than Jerome who will successfully learn to gegenpress, can wes learn new tricks at his age?

If Call Me A Chihuahua thinks this is a potentially bad appointment then it must be potentially a very good one.

Ticks my boxes anyway.

Lambert again? Let. it. Go. He has.

Webber has a plan. It is a direct plan. He seems to know what he wants and it''s full steam ahead.

It could fail miserably but it''s more likely to succeed due to his determination and the direction he wants the club to follow.

A completely new approach which seems like an excellent anti-dote to the undercurrent of grumblings against the Delia regime. For sure she (they) does not have the financial clout that seems to be an imperative nowadays, for sure she (they) has a tendency towards naivety, favouritism and even nepotism, but the vision currently being exhibited by somebody in the upper echelons of the club could lead to an exciting future, imo.

Thank goodness the club has retained enough financial strength to embark upon such an innovative course.

We are not in debt, we are far from bankrupt, we have unloaded some high earners, we have full-houses assured, we have a parachute payment, and above all we have a valuable squad which should be attractive and successful enough to gain increasing television, sponsorship and advertising revenue as the next season progresses.

Genuinely exciting for me. A world away from little ole Norwich, looks like a highly progressive move from one of Europe''s top clubs also. When I used to traipse into the old Main Stand with its wooden floorboards in the late 70s I would never have thought we''d have a German manager at Norwich and this type of SD/coach duopoly. Just hope the old parochials don''t generate to much negativity and that they give this a chance.

The thing about experience is interesting though. I reckon its just got to be the right experience at the right time. Lambert had experience but not of the top flight, a huge success. Hughton had both but flopped here. Neil had neither and was a 6 month wonder. Going back over the managers I remember it seems the best times have been with the inexperienced (Stringer, Walker, Lambert) and the worst times with the supposedly experienced (Hamilton, Roeder, Hughton). O''Neill is the only so-called "name" manager who seemed to be on the verge of a great time here before suddenly walking.

Anyway assuming the news is true then next season will be v interesting!!

You are thinking along the same lines as me tumbleweed.

BUT: Assuming the new man is in place it''s now all down to the transfer dealings of the Summer.

(1) Strengthening of the defence being the essential need.

(2) Goalkeeper, defensive mid-fielder and a young back-up striker.

Unloading the high earning Naismith, Jarvis and Wildshut with as little financial damage as is possible, even though there are grounds for thinking that they all could do a job next season.

Hierarchy seemingly being sorted. On to the squad.

Open that window it''s getting hot in here.

Bang on Broadstairs. What is not to like if this appointment comes off. I don''t think Webber has put a foot wrong since his short time here. His comments have been breath of fresh air, thoughtful, to the point and direct and so completely different in content and style to the identikit CEO that was . With Webber you sense no particular defences are going on and he just says it like it is, with no particular ego to put across. And if we are to get a person like Farke from one of the most progressive teams in Europe with the mentality that comes with it, how brilliant is that?

I''m looking forward to a very interesting few months ahead. We will have to give the new set up a good deal of time for change to happen, like Tumbleweed too, I''m excited in our future again. Perhaps we needed what we just endured last season so we could clear out people and systems and egos.

Can''t see how anyone can be disappointed with Farke.

Worked at one of the biggest clubs in Europe, with a reputation for exciting, attacking football based around exciting young players. Dortmund are known for their innovative and progressive training programs and tactics and Farke has fitted right into that.

When Wagner left Dortmund no one there was that upset, he had largely kept hold of his job there due to his close friendship with Klopp but the results on the pitch weren''t great. He has shown that bringing the Dortmund style to the Championship can really work in a League where tactics and game-plans are sometimes second thought to lumping the ball forward.

With Farke, Dortmund have been trying very hard to keep hold of him, offering him several new contracts and incentives to stay, however he has turned them all down in order to find a club to coach himself. He was offered a job at the Bundesliga club Darmstadt, but rejected it and Bayern Leverkusen were considering him for their vacant role. This shows just how highly regarded he is in Germany and just how much of a coup this is for Norwich. The general reaction today in Germany is ''Wow, Norwich have done very well''.

His lack of experience isn''t so much of an issue with the structure Norwich have now. He won''t have to worry about scouting new players, wage budgets etc etc. All he''ll have to do is get the players training in the right way, set up the team on a match day and getting his players motivated. Those skills are universal to players throughout the world.

Also, by having a coach so well respected by clubs it dramatically increases the chance of getting good young players on loan.

These appointment ticks pretty much every box there is too tick. Exciting times ahead and if Webber is this good at getting a head coach I look forward to the players he will be targeting.

Ed Balls was much derided as a joke when he arrived as chairman. As was his talk of formulating a 10-year plan for the club. Presumably this new structure, with what on the face of it look like two good initial choices for sporting director and head coach, is all part of that long-term plan.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Can''t see how anyone can be disappointed with Farke. Worked at one of the biggest clubs in Europe, with a reputation for exciting, attacking football based around exciting young players. Dortmund are known for their innovative and progressive training programs and tactics and Farke has fitted right into that. When Wagner left Dortmund no one there was that upset, he had largely kept hold of his job there due to his close friendship with Klopp but the results on the pitch weren''t great. He has shown that bringing the Dortmund style to the Championship can really work in a League where tactics and game-plans are sometimes second thought to lumping the ball forward. With Farke, Dortmund have been trying very hard to keep hold of him, offering him several new contracts and incentives to stay, however he has turned them all down in order to find a club to coach himself. He was offered a job at the Bundesliga club Darmstadt, but rejected it and Bayern Leverkusen were considering him for their vacant role. This shows just how highly regarded he is in Germany and just how much of a coup this is for Norwich. The general reaction today in Germany is ''Wow, Norwich have done very well''. His lack of experience isn''t so much of an issue with the structure Norwich have now. He won''t have to worry about scouting new players, wage budgets etc etc. All he''ll have to do is get the players training in the right way, set up the team on a match day and getting his players motivated. Those skills are universal to players throughout the world. Also, by having a coach so well respected by clubs it dramatically increases the chance of getting good young players on loan. These appointment ticks pretty much every box there is too tick. Exciting times ahead and if Webber is this good at getting a head coach I look forward to the players he will be targeting.[/quote]

Lot''s of good points here.  I am (cautiously) very optimistic.  Now it''s all about rebuilding the defence and sensible management of the makeup of the rest of the squad, & where we''ll be seeing him and Webber working together.

Thanks for all that info Bethnal. Makes me very excited for the future! (won''t necessarily say next season as this amount of change might require a bit of patience).

Good post, as ever, Bethnal. There''s no guarantee that this new structure will work but I''m very excited and hopeful.

A bold appointment. And let''s hope fortune favours the brave..!

Just fingers crossed we''ll actually get him now, article on the front page quoting him suggesting he has options, Sunderland could be that other option. Be very disappointing to miss out at this stage.