Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Daniel Farke

If this is true then it''s certainly an interesting and bold appointment. New squad and an unknown quantity management team. Should be a exiting ride. and maybe get some promising Dortmund prospects on loan. I''m more encouraged by this type of appointment than many names that have been mentioned

No wonder he does so well playing 19 players! You''d think he''d win more....😂

In reality he has coached youth mainly as did Adams so I stand by my comparison.

Purple - "Supposedly his favoured formation has been 4-14-1.Sixteen players. No wonder his record is good....that should be 4-1-4-1"...Tongue Tied [:S]Shame - we have 14 attacking midfield players - we could have made it work!

Someone has started a thread about Farke on TWTD bemoaning the fact that they are stuck with MM. [:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]They did draw 15 of their 34 league matches. I am pretty sure I looked at their record a while ago because I often choose my PUPs'' picks from the German Regionalliga and Oberliga, and from memory I was put off one week from selecting them because of the number of draws. But I had no idea who their coach was. Supposedly his favoured formation has been 4-14-1.[/quote]Sixteen players. No wonder his record is good....that should be 4-1-4-1...[:S][/quote]I''ll get my sums right eventually...just the 19 outfielders...[:$]

I think you''ve gone back to our youth, when down the park we''d have 19 a side most nights!

Mmmm! Just read the exclusive in the Telegraph and this one appears to have legs... Stated negotiations been ongoing for couple of weeks and the guy appears to have turned down an offer from a German league 1 side... Interesting for sure!

Hey, when it''s someone like that there tends to be good reason behind the decision. It''s easy to pick a Pardew or somebody but these kind of appointments I find far more exciting.

Once the past this appointment could have worried me due to lack of experience. However under a sporting director in theory he just needs to be a good coach and to fit our philosophy of playing stunningly attractive football with a water tight defense :-)

[quote user="hogesar"]Hey, when it''s someone like that there tends to be good reason behind the decision. It''s easy to pick a Pardew or somebody but these kind of appointments I find far more exciting.[/quote]

Wow... I agree with hogesar 😂

Don''t know much about Daniel Farke at all but so far I think that Webber has done a pretty good job, and he got a decent manager in at Huddersfield so I''m hoping he has done the same with us. I assume that Farke is the man he has been after all along and he has had a lot of time to decide who he wants.

Let''s hope if it is Farke that he will know some of the decent players that are avaliable in Germany that we can bring in.

This is exactly the sort of appointment I''ve been hoping for ever since Webber was installed as Sporting Director. And, even better, bringing some backroom staff with him according to the Telegraph report. Brilliant if it actually happens. I can''t think of a single reason why anyone (apart from Indy and the Binners) wouldn''t be over the moon and hugely excited by this news.

With Farke bringing his own staff with him it will spell the end for Irvine Kiely etc

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Len, who the Farke is Webster?[/quote]Sorry, I mean Vebber.

Or the names touted so far, Wagner was the only one I fancied but I never thought he was coming. This was just the kind of appointment I was expecting. Although I''ve never heard of him & know nothing about him, I feel blindly positive & upbeat about this news. As someone above mentioned, I applaud the club''s attempts to try something different. It could be a masterstroke, it could be more of the same, it could end up being worse - no one knows, but that''s the exciting part.

This sounds much more appealing than Rosler, Monk, Carvarhal, Pardew, Moyes and even Lambert. Looks like Webber has got his man. I''d say the Dortmund board love SW! Interesting times ahead - Willkommen Herr Farke - wir wunschen Sie eine schöne Erfahrung im Norfarke!