Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Daniel Farke

[quote]Borussia Dortmund II will have to look for a new coach for the

coming season. According to information Daniel Farke will not renew his

contract, which will terminate on June 30. With his a short but

extremely successful era ends.Despite week long negotiations the two sides couldn''t agree to

continue their work together. It''s still unclear who will follow in the

footsteps of Farke, who is also in negotiations now with other clubs.

This questions is hoped to be resolved quickly though, as the season

prep for 2017/18 starts already around June 20.Farke took over the BVB U23 at the beginning of November 2015 from

David Wagner, and turned it from a relegation candidate into a promotion

hopeful in only a few months. During the 18-month collaboration BVB II

for instance only lost a single home game.[/quote]

Why are some of you writing off this candidate with your detrimental comments when you know little to nothing about him. Just because he isn''t the big name you desire doesn''t mean he isn''t quality. Let''s face it Wagner came from exactly the same position and he hasn''t done too bad, has he.

Our number 1 target is probably Rosler and he hasn''t really achieved anything.Would certainly be more excited about an u23 coach of one of the best teams in the world. Probably bollocks though isn''t it.

Just shows how pointless recruitment is - if we look at the options available and decide a person with no first team experience, or knowledge of the league, is the best there is.

Can''t believe we were having to wait until the end of the German Under 23 season to appoint.

Next.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]What happened to Rosler?[/quote]

Maybe he got farke d off with waiting lol

This is happening.

Journo I follow on twitter. John percy of the telegraph. One of the ones who always gets it right.

Norwich are appointing Borussia Dortmund II''s Daniel Farke as their new head coach. Deal to be agreed this week #ncfc #otbc

Fantastic, every time a German is named you all get excited, like a kids on a sugar rush, knowing absolutely nothing about them, sounds like a German Neil Adams.....

What happened to all these targets interviewed by Webber at Dunston Hall, well at least Webber is actually scouring Europe this time.

Wagner''s lack of knowledge of Championship football didn''t exactly hindered him. You have to have some faith in this new arrangement, with Webber orchestrating.

I applaud the club for trying something new.

[quote user="Herman"]Do you know anything about him Indy?[/quote]

No Herman, just the facts in the press, which in reality isn''t much to get excited about is it? Still times have changed to suite the Huddersfield model, I suppose we tried the Charlton model a few years back.

I''ve seen plenty fo people hoping for people like Silva and Wagner so it was pretty much guaranteed they were going to be disappointed with whoever we choose.

Our HEAD COACH will have to operate without much control over transfers and that''s from a base of being in a difficult financial position.

I''ve said from the start it''s going to be someone like this, someone like Wagner but not specifically him. I''ll admit I didn''t expect him to also be the Dortmund U-23''s coach but I was expecting an unknown German from a similar position.

You''re better off just embracing it and being excited than worrying about a previous record or playing stature. Our man will have a completely different remit to any manager we''ve employed before and from most in the Championship. This could be a disaster or a masterstroke, who knows, the only thing that''s near certain is that it won''t be boring! (Assuming it is Farke or someone else of that ilk)

On the plus side, at least a coach from Dortmund won''t be looking at waste of money journeymen prose like Naismith or Jarvis, more likely a few good youngsters from his former club!

Could just be a very good season to open a German biekeller Restaurant in Norwich.

[quote user="Indy"]Fantastic, every time a German is named you all get excited, like a kids on a sugar rush, knowing absolutely nothing about them, sounds like a German Neil Adams.....

What happened to all these targets interviewed by Webber at Dunston Hall, well at least Webber is actually scouring Europe this time.[/quote]From the Telegraph:Farke will be confirmed as the Championship club''s new No. 1

this week after an extensive recruitment process led by new sporting

director Stuart Webber. The 40-year-old has

established an impressive reputation working closely with Dortmund

manager Thomas Tuchel i
n charge of the German club''s under-23s, guiding

them to a second-placed finish this season with only three defeats.Doesn''t exactly sound like a German Neil Adams...They did draw 15 of their 34 league matches. I am pretty sure I looked at their record a while ago because I often choose my PUPs'' picks from the German Regionalliga and Oberliga, and from memory I was put off one week from selecting them because of the number of draws. But I had no idea who their coach was. Supposedly his favoured formation has been 4-14-1.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]Fantastic, every time a German is named you all get excited, like a kids on a sugar rush, knowing absolutely nothing about them, sounds like a German Neil Adams.....

What happened to all these targets interviewed by Webber at Dunston Hall, well at least Webber is actually scouring Europe this time.[/quote]From the Telegraph:Farke will be confirmed as the Championship club''s new No. 1

this week after an extensive recruitment process led by new sporting

director Stuart Webber. The 40-year-old has

established an impressive reputation working closely with Dortmund

manager Thomas Tuchel i
n charge of the German club''s under-23s, guiding

them to a second-placed finish this season with only three defeats.Doesn''t exactly sound like a German Neil Adams...They did draw 15 of their 34 league matches. I am pretty sure I looked at their record a while ago because I often choose my PUPs'' picks from the German Regionalliga and Oberliga, and from memory I was put off one week from selecting them because of the number of draws. But I had no idea who their coach was. Supposedly his favoured formation has been 4-14-1.[/quote]Sixteen players. No wonder his record is good....that should be 4-1-4-1...[:S]