Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Daniel Farke Annouced

I''m somewhat encouraged that Herr Farke has said that he will look to play in accordance with the traditions of the club.
Let''s hope that he watches a few games from the Stringer/Walker era (as opposed to the horror of the Rioch/Hamilton/Worthington/Grant/Roeder/Gunn/Hughton/Adams/Neil disasters).

It''s no mean achievement. And no, I''m not referring to the appointment of Daniel Farke; I''m referring to the response it has provoked from Big Vince. He''s positively apoplectic at this turn of events [:D]

DF comes across very well - clear, articulate and calm. He seems to have a clear philosophy which is about controlled, positive and effective football and recognises that the fans have to be entertained. I  suspect he won''t take any nonsense or excuses and any no-shows will be tacked robustly. It sounds like he will want pretty high tempo football - I wonder how many of the existing squad are actually capable of playing with the physical and mental intensity that this approach is likely to require. There may be some clues from that as to who may be on their way (if we can shift them).SW seems to be very measured and professional. His interviews are good - very straightforward and clear - and he sounds like someone who is pretty knowledgeable and does his homework very thoroughly (something we are going to need more and more as the money pit dries up). All in all I''m feeling a lot happier than a few months ago (even a few weeks ago). Of course it may all go horribly wrong in a gloriously Norwich City way, but somehow these recent interviews with SW and now DF suggest we might have found a good way forward (and certainly better than some serial failure from the current pot of losers suggested by Alan Brazil''s cluck-in). I''d be happy if they found a role for Alan Irvine as I think he could be very helpful to the new Head coach and his team, at least in the short term. But if it doesn''t happen (and Irvine may have other plans) I am pretty relaxed about it. Exciting innit.

Although I''m very cautious unlike others, Webber is far more affable than a Moxey, Farke far more a head coach than AN was so in all a very positive move, on first impressions.

Getting rid of high earners was always on the cards and it could take a good few years for us to achieve what we did under the Bowkett/McNall & Lambert days.

The squad assembled by AN was a good mixture unfortunately AN chose to overlook the young hungry players for the journeymen who failed to deliver, some of whom are now gone.

It''ll be with interest I''ll watch the summer transfers and will enjoy listening to radio Norfolk from the comfort of my lovey armchair with pint in hand.

May it be as Farke said a very entertaining season for all Carrow road faithful.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Horse Renoir"]Allegedly this change in direction was spearheaded by Ed Balls with the consent of the board. If this works as well as we hope some of you might have to look past things like a narrow political opinion and general ignorance and give some people at our club some credit![/quote]

When Norwich City actually start to demonstrate that they are a serious club by winning the EPL by 20 points and picking up FA cups and League cups, then yes, credit will be due where it is due.

In other words when talk is translated into deeds. Or to put it another way: when a culture of stupidity is replaced by a culture of intelligence.[/quote]

This is your best one yet Vince.There''s only been 2 occaision since 1989 that a team from outside the top 6 in the Premier League has won the FA Cup.Has anyone ever won the PL by 20 points?I''d say you''ve replaced your intelligence with something but it''s not as bright as stupidity.