Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Daniel Farke Annouced

Thanks Ginja , just listened to that, speaks good English and loves the way he says Norrrrwich lol
Im excited too , my kind of man lol lol

[quote user="Diane"]Thanks Ginja , just listened to that, speaks good English and loves the way he says Norrrrwich lol
Im excited too , my kind of man lol lol
[/quote]
He seems to speak softly and humbly which is pleasing, something of a gentle giant about him. But I also sense a flip side, as my favourite author once said "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."

"I wish us to be .... the protagonists in the game..."Not much wrong with his English, structurally, lexically. Pretty impressive. Can''t see communication being an issue based on the snippets from the YouTube video

The 2017/18 season just got very interesting. It seems like a positive, forward thinking appointment. Feeling optimistic. Not really interested in sound bites, let''s see if Farke can deliver a winning formula and attractive football. Slightly worried about lack of experience... Championship is a tough league, but others have made the transition. OTBC.

PST may be 8 hours behind BST, but this news is no less good for the time lapse. Faaaaantaaaaastic! I''m now trying to get my head round what effect this is going to have on next season''s Canary Call .............. [:D]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]PST may be 8 hours behind BST, but this news is no less good for the time lapse. Faaaaantaaaaastic! I''m now trying to get my head round what effect this is going to have on next season''s Canary Call .............. [:D][/quote]British Summer Time?

Webber is right in that it''s a brave decision from Farke as well as the club. He''s even had offers in Germany where he''s built his reputation, I''m sure most would take the safer option and go for a Bundesliga 1/2 club,

Farke has risked his burgeoning reputation in coming here. We''ll never know how good he is until well into the season but at the moment all we can do is judge the little bits we get and I really like that he''s obviously a brave, determined character.

I think we could well end up having a slow start. Most of our players haven''t worked for any really renowned coaches before or have ever had to work at and improve their game, most are just trained and keep themselves match fit, it could be quite a shock to adjust to the new style but I think with the type of quality we have and the style Farke is trying to bring in we could be onto a real winner here. Could see us having a similar season to what Reading have had this year, hopefully with the occasional thrashings excluded!
  • Like 1

I think we''ll hit the ground running.

New manager bounce + new system bounce+ new defence bounce.

We''ll bounce all the way to promotion.

Convinced of it.

(Bouncy bouncy we''re like a rubber ball bouncing our way back to the top table.)

First impressions, he comes over very well and speaks good English. I loved it when he answered the question. What is your philosophy? his reply was  ''to have the ball. I want to dominate possession. A brave offensive team. High press.''

[quote user="TCCANARY"]The new Assistant Head Coach was a defender, he could be everyones much requested ''defensive coach''.

[/quote]

But will he pass the now much vaunted Russell Martin Test?

If the boy Martin is anywhere around the first team next season there is no way the boy Farke will keep up his record of conceding less than a goal per game.

As always all of the eating is going to be in the pudding.

Verdict: Judgment reserved.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]He looks like he could kill an alligator with his bare hands.I approve.[/quote]

But there are no alligators in the Canary squad and especially the defence - and that is the problem.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]I see why we are playing friendlies against the like of lowestoft town it is the natural level of our new head coach 😭[/quote]But he could be the new Messiah. [:D][<:o)]

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Clearly not a Delia appointment but she did hire Webber.[/quote]

Don''t fall into the trap of giving Delia more credit than she deserves.

Everyone knows by now she knows nothing and learns nothing about football.

She did not hire Webber. She got a recommendation from someone else to hire Webber.

Allegedly this change in direction was spearheaded by Ed Balls with the consent of the board. If this works as well as we hope some of you might have to look past things like a narrow political opinion and general ignorance and give some people at our club some credit!

"She did not hire Webber. She got a recommendation from someone else to hire Webber."

Contradiction there surely.

Irrelevant however and a bit early to line up the blame list should things go pear-shaped.

If they do fail then I want to be the first to not apportion blame, look for scapegoats or complain in the slightest as I see it as a bold and imaginative move.

Things were beginning to drift at the Carra. We were becoming accustomed to under-achievement and our self-esteem and confidence in the team was suddenly eroded as the last season progressed.

Negativity prospered by the week as we sank from favourites to also-rans, envious of the likes of Huddersfield and Brighton and no longer rivals to the Toon.

Suddenly.

BOOM.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]I see why we are playing friendlies against the like of lowestoft town it is the natural level of our new head coach 😭[/quote]Your thoughts could well go down the pan and we are flush with success.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Allegedly this change in direction was spearheaded by Ed Balls with the consent of the board. If this works as well as we hope some of you might have to look past things like a narrow political opinion and general ignorance and give some people at our club some credit![/quote]

When Norwich City actually start to demonstrate that they are a serious club by winning the EPL by 20 points and picking up FA cups and League cups, then yes, credit will be due where it is due.

In other words when talk is translated into deeds. Or to put it another way: when a culture of stupidity is replaced by a culture of intelligence.

[quote user="Big Vince"] put it another way: when a culture of stupidity is replaced by a culture of intelligence.[/quote]Several on here think the same about your posts.

What I was most impressed with in his interview were the final comments when he revealed the supporters are at the centre of his philosophy, commenting: “We play football for the fans and football is a game.

“We are getting serious and professional and that’s important, but we can’t lose the point that football is for fans, for entertaining them.

“We need them. The most important thing in football is that the fans are content, that they like what they see.

Someone from the Nigel Clough mould who kept reminding his players of this fact.

Finally, love the fact that certain people don''t have the attention span to stay on topic, and have to resort back to their default position of having a pop at the owners no matter what happens. Imagine the field day they would have if they were to support that team down the road...... hang on a minute....(light bulb moment!)

This could be the best thing to happen to NCFC, hope he has huge clearout and starts from scratch. Excellent news!

Nice first interview, very likeable guy, hope he can deliver, so much better than Alex Neil.

Fingers crossed it will work out, looking forward to seeing who come over, if any links are formed with Dortmund.

It''s good to have Jim here early, hopefully he will settle in, get together with Webber, sort out that list of players and get moving on selling those not wanted and recruiting hungry players with something to prove and a love to play the game not just looking for the best pay Check!

At first glance very bold move but comes over as a dry nice guy, genuinely like him.