Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Daniel Farke Annouced

Not unhappy with this.

I hope that he''s as good as our imaginations have led us to expect.

Very, very intelligent, thoughtful appointment.

Great!

(He looks a bit of a bruiser too and a bit of a lad.)

Not just Farke.

"NORWICH City are delighted to confirm Daniel Farke’s appointment as Head Coach.

Farke joins from Borussia Dortmund II along with Edmund Riemer, who will take on the role of Assistant Head Coach.The German pair have each agreed two-year deals at Carrow Road."

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Not just Farke.

"NORWICH City are delighted to confirm Daniel Farke’s appointment as Head Coach.

Farke joins from Borussia Dortmund II along with Edmund Riemer, who will take on the role of Assistant Head Coach.The German pair have each agreed two-year deals at Carrow Road."[/quote]
Well spotted.
Farke and Riemer.

The new Assistant Head Coach was a defender, he could be everyones much requested ''defensive coach''.

He looks like he could kill an alligator with his bare hands.I approve.

Sports hacks must feel like they''ve gone to heaven....[:D]We can''t accuse Delia and MWJ of going for the safe pair of hands with this one. Let''s hope it''s a success.For once they''ve scoured Europe and Farke me he wasn''t in the building already ( sorry, I''ll get the coat )

They publicly set a timeline and delivered early, this isn''t the NCFC I know! Boooo!

Anyway, hopefully will be an inspired appointment. I''m definitely excited!

Very optimistic about this appointment 👍🏻

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Clearly not a Delia appointment but she did hire Webber.[/quote]He will be if he fails, guaranteed........

[quote user="TCCANARY"]
The new Assistant Head Coach was a defender, he could be everyones much requested ''defensive coach''.
[/quote]

Here''s hoping !  Now we just need to get in a defence for him/them to coach...

There must be lots of scope for "amusing" chants using his name [:$]

Bringing in someone who has experience with the young uns, looks like we might see a pretty young team next season. We might have to be patient but at least it looks like the club really does have a plan after all:)

Welcome Herr Falke! And well done again to all involved at the club for trying something new.

Surely the blueprint for a club like ours has to be developing, buying and nurturing young talent, both in getting out of the Chumps and staying in the Prem.

Looking forward to next season with a renewed sense of optimism.

So excited about this announcement and pleased that they got their man.
''''Farke joins from Borussia Dortmund II along with Edmund Riemer, who will take on the role of Assistant Head Coach.
The German pair have each agreed two-year deals at Carrow Road. Farke, 40, led Dortmund’s reserve team to a second-place finish in Regionalliga West last season, losing just three matches over the course of the campaign while working closely with the first team’s Head Coach Thomas Tuchel.  Regarded as one of the most highly-rated young coaches in Germany, Farke replaced current Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner at Dortmund II after a six-year spell with SV Lippstadt 08. 
He told canaries.co.uk: "I’m very excited to be here, it’s a great adventure for me. "I was really looking forward to coming here and seeing all of the people and learning even more about the Club. I had a really good time with Borussia Dortmund, but Stuart Webber has told me all about Norwich City, its traditions and history, and I know what a great Club it is. 
The more I know about Norwich City, the more excited I get. I’m very glad to be here and can’t wait to get started."
The appointment brings an end to the search for a full-time replacement for Alex Neil, who departed the Club in March and was succeeded on an interim basis by Alan Irvine for the final ten games of the 2016-17 season. Following a footballing and business restructure, Stuart Webber was appointed to the role of Sporting Director in April and he has overseen the recruitment process that has led to Farke becoming the 40th man to lead the Canaries. 
Webber added: "I’m delighted to welcome Daniel on board. He was an outstanding candidate, and I’ve spent a lot of time getting to know his methods and how he works. When it became clear he was interested in coming here I was very pleased.
Borussia Dortmund are known for employing high-class coaching talent, and if you look at his team at Dortmund they very much dominated possession and they were defensively very good. He’ll bring a certain style and identity to us that the fans can relate to.
"We gave ourselves the timeframe of getting a Head Coach in by the end of May and I’m very pleased that we’ve achieved that. The most important thing was not rushing it and making sure we got the decision right, and I must thank everyone at the Club and the supporters for their patience. I’m absolutely delighted to welcome Daniel here."
[img]https://www.canaries.co.uk/siteassets/image/daniel-farke/webber-and-farke.jpg/Medium[/img]