Sign in to follow this  
he

Alan Irvine

What happens to Alan Irvine now? Is he out of the club?

Nothing said about him so far - there is a press conference at 2pm at Norwich to introduce Farke to the press, I assume Irvine''s fate will be revealed then. Most likely it will be a handshake and shown the door.

i agree if we want a fresh start let Farke choose his own coaches that know his style the coaches here have had there chance time for a fresh start

Out with the old, in with the new.

Clean sweep and all that.

With Wee Alex now firmly ensconced amongst the in-crowd (re: TalkSport and punditry) it won''t be long before he''s back in management and in England and probably at a slightly higher level than most of us would envisage.

Alan Irvine will likely follow him.

I would have thought a case could be made for there being a need for someone who knows the club, its players and the Championship to spend time with Farke and bring him up to speed. If this means giving Irvine a six month consultancy gig or another position like under 23 coach, that could be a good investment, after all he did appear to show that he could turn the arse-end of the season into something like looked like success. Then again, perhaps Webber thinks he can fulfill that role.

Not sure if Irvine will follow Neil. Irvine said in an interview after AN left that he had only met him in the summer so it isn''t as if those two have a long history together - there were also a few little comments from Irvine that suggested he wasn''t massive happy with AN''s management.

Frankie McAvoy will probably end up where ever Alex Neil does - but I suspect Irvine will either retire or ship up somewhere completely new, as he has done with most of his career.

i think best to start fresh Farke can decide who to keep and who to sell with the help of webber not Irvine if Not he shouldn''t be here doing the head coaches job

I''d expect some continuity. Unless he speaks English REALLY well, he''s going to need some English speaking coaches around him and/or Klose to translate. This could be the making of Klose if he wants to stay.

I don''t think Irvine would want to hang around as the guy who helps the players understand the manager. Not that Alan would really be much use as that - unless he speaks German well.

The only role I could see him being given that might meant he stays is the vacant U23 Managers role. Although you can imagine Farke will want his own man in there as well, as it is an important bridging role for young players breaking into the first team - which Farke will obvious understand as he has just come from that.

Although only his assistant manager was announced today, I would fully expect more to follow. The club were short staff at the end of last season so new manager or not there were always going to be appointments.

Woodman - If you''ve listened to today''s interviews, you ll of heard that he speaks English very fluently

Yes, I watched the videos as soon as they went up and I''m ashamed of my previous post. His grasp of English is massively superior to my German!

I''d still like him to bring out the best of Klose though, I think we as a club could do with him next season. I know he made mistakes (who didn''t), but on his day, he can be great.

Will probably leave but can hold his head high as he does. Couldn''t have much impact as a coach as AN was manager/ head coach/chief scout/technical director etc all rolled into one flawed package but once he got the reigns he identified the embarrassingly obvious to all fans and opposition weakness in our set up and rather quickly corrected it.

i''d love to have him stick around but I think he''ll be managing another championship club before Christmas. Good luck to him as well, steered us through a difficult patch. Classy guy, reminds me of Hughton in a lot of ways.

According to Dave Freezer''s tweet:

Webber reveals Alan Irvine has gone on hol & they will speak when he returns "we very much see Daniel''s staff having a British coach".

From a continuity aspect, certainly makes a certain amount of sense.

[quote user="Feel The Force"]"Probably got more of a chance of sticking around than Frankie McAvoy but I expect they''ll both go."

Who''ll look after the bibs and balls?[/quote]russell martin

Sounds like they are keen on Irvine staying, depends if Irvine likes the role and feels he work with Farke or not. He seems a lot more laidback than Alex Neil though.

Didn''t he (Irvine) say financially he doesn''t need to work again? So it would have to be a role he saw as interesting and rewarding, he wouldn''t be doing it just to pay the mortgage.

Irvine himself said that when the new head coach is appointed they''ll talk; the head coach will then have a decision to make and if that results in a proposal for Irvine, he Irvine will have a decision to make. In other words, if I''m wanted and I like what I hear I''ll stay; otherwise not interested.
The other point to remember is that Webber mentioned some time ago that the board would like Irvine to stay. 

As an addendum, I would think the arrival of Farke and Reimer makes it more likely that Irvine WILL stay. The on-field change of direction it heralds will surely interest him, as well as the opportunity to familiarise himself with different training and coaching methods. I hope so anyway.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Sounds like they are keen on Irvine staying,

depends if Irvine likes the role and feels he work with Farke or not.

He seems a lot more laidback than Alex Neil though.[/quote][quote user="westcoastcanary"]As an addendum, I would think the arrival of Farke and Reimer makes it more likely that Irvine WILL stay. The on-field change of direction it heralds will surely interest him, as well as the opportunity to familiarise himself with different training and coaching methods. I hope so anyway.[/quote]I think that is pretty much how it is.The club clearly sees a role for Irvine otherwise it would have been the door for him along with the others.However his staying will greatly depend what he is offered, as I remember him saying he doesn''t want to be just a ''bibs and balls'' man, I hope they can work something out as he always struck me as knowing what he was doing and certainly didn''t fail in his stint in charge.Curious also to note how talk elsewhere was about out of contract players being signed. I suppose the cliff edge next summer (end of parachute payments) is something that will have to be part of any signings ie oculd we afford their wages after Jun3 2018 ?Expect at least one surprising sale this summer.