Sign in to follow this  
Tufnell Park Canary

Music to our ears, even though worthy is playing it cool

From sky sports......

Calum Davenport is revelling in life at Norwich and says he is not keen on returning to Tottenham.

The former Coventry defender was allowed to head out on loan to Norfolk after failing to force his way into Martin Jol''s plans at White Hart Lane.

Davenport is due to return to London in mid-December, but is not looking forward to another spell in Spurs'' reserves.

"The move has worked out really well so far," said Davenport who has made two appearances for The Canaries. "I''ve settled in well and I already feel I am part of the team.

"The most important thing is that I''m now playing regularly rather than just sitting in Spurs'' reserves. That just doesn''t compare to this.

"I will be going back to Spurs when the loan ends. But I honestly don''t know what will happen then."

Let''s not get too excited, he has 4 years left on his spurs contract. I still think the best we can hope for (or afford) will be to get him back on loan until the end of the season. This does look a very possible option given Calum''s outlook at this time, HOWEVER, if Spurs injury luck doesn''t improve they will be reluctant to farm him out again.

[quote]Let''s not get too excited, he has 4 years left on his spurs contract. I still think the best we can hope for (or afford) will be to get him back on loan until the end of the season. This does look a v...[/quote]

Bit too soon to get too excited.  He has played only 135 mins and we have yet to conceed a goal while he is on the pitch which is excellent news. Yet the same can be said of Doc who has played 180 mins with no goals conceeded and playing onhis prefered side of the defence for the first time... 

However while he has done well we do have 3 months to see just how good or otherwise he really is.  Is he really any better than shacks once his confidence has returned?  Will Davenport do a David Nielson - score during the one month loan and then stopped once signed! What else was he going to say - I hate it here and want to get back to spurs reserves?  Was it a come and get me call to prem clubs?  Will spurs let him go and will be able to afford his wages and/or transfer fee..

If he can prove he is good enough and wants to come here like Hux genuinely did then we can start pressurising the board at Xmas for a lovely new player in the Jan sales for the 3rd year running.   Until then we should use the time well, enjoy more clean sheets - hopefully -and find out more about him...

OTBC  

[quote]Let''s not get too excited, he has 4 years left on his spurs contract. I still think the best we can hope for (or afford) will be to get him back on loan until the end of the season. This does look a v...[/quote]

Bit too soon to get too excited.  He has played only 135 mins and we have yet to conceed a goal while he is on the pitch which is excellent news. Yet the same can be said of Doc who has played 180 mins with no goals conceeded and playing onhis prefered side of the defence for the first time... 

However while he has done well we do have 3 months to see just how good or otherwise he really is.  Is he really any better than shacks once his confidence has returned?  Will Davenport do a David Nielson - score during the one month loan and then stopped once signed! What else was he going to say - I hate it here and want to get back to spurs reserves?  Was it a come and get me call to prem clubs?  Will spurs let him go and will be able to afford his wages and/or transfer fee..

If he can prove he is good enough and wants to come here like Hux genuinely did then we can start pressurising the board at Xmas for a lovely new player in the Jan sales for the 3rd year running.   Until then we should use the time well, enjoy more clean sheets - hopefully -and find out more about him...

OTBC  

wow, this is great news.

He is loving it at norwich, and hopefully norwich can do something about it, a loan untill the end of the season, or a perminant deal in january, whichever happens i will be very happy to have him on board

he looks an unbelievable signing, and would surely solve our defensive problems