Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Young dynamic defensive / assistant coach

If you haven''t read this already, got me really looking forward to the new era at CR, sounds like Daniel has a dynamic, bright assistant who will be more than balls bibs and cones!, quote;-

NEW Norwich City Assistant Head Coach Edmund Riemer is enthusiastic about the potential of the Club after completing a switch to Carrow Road.

Riemer moved to City part of Daniel Farke''s backroom team following the latter''s appointment as Head Coach, having performed a similar role at Dortmund II.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, the 32-year-old said: "I''m really excited as our season ended a few days ago and we''re really looking forward to starting here.

"We want to achieve goals, together with the squad and with the people of the city. It''s a big challenge but it''s a good time to come here.

"Norwich is a great club and it''s a good step for us. The stadium is always full and from what I''ve seen the possibilities are huge. We hope we can fulfil those expectations."

Offering further detail on his relationship with Farke, which now stretches back over a number of years, Riemer added: "I was his player before, so there is a lot of trust.

"Daniel signed me as a player at Lippstadt where I played for seven years. From the first moment I knew he was a great coach and now we can say I was right!

"We came to Borussia Dortmund two years ago. I know the way he wants to play football, and know him as a person.

"I''ll try to help him as much as I can."

Not content with simply winning football matches, the former Paderborn defender is targeting the successful creation of a new-look identity for the Canaries.

"The way we play will be different to David Wagner," he explained.

"He is more Jurgen Klopp, we are more Thomas Tuchel. We are more about possession, dominance where possible and having a good defence.

"That''s the way we want to play. Hopefully you will see that, because that''s the goal.

"We don''t want to just win the games, we want people who come to the stadium to say ''this is how Norwich City plays''. Winning is important but we want to achieve both things."

Defensive tactic - our plan is to have a mobile brick wall that we move in front of the goal we intend to defend. At half time we will move it up the other end!

Never mind his coaching skills,  Im liking the look of him [:)]
[img]http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/1.5035575.1495782584!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg[/img]

So we can expect more Tuchel than Klopp, in Reimer''s words "possession, dominance where possible, and having a good defence". For anyone interested there is an analysis of Tuchel''s impact at Dortmund here.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]So we can expect more Tuchel than Klopp, in Reimer''s words "possession, dominance where possible, and having a good defence". For anyone interested there is an analysis of Tuchel''s impact at Dortmund here.[/quote]Oops! That link was to a second, also relevant, article on the same site. The link I meant to post is HERE.

Thank you Westcoast ....Reminds me of Parma without the poetry. Interesting read.

I have to admit it was a bit tl;dr, especially in what appears to be non-native English (WTF does "from which he supports the Dortmund structured massively with formed connections and triangles" mean?).

But in the parts I did read it was interesting to speculate whether we have players in the current squad who can fulfill the roles described. I wonder about Dorrans in the position at the base of midfield (Weigl at Dortmund). Does he have the strategic intelligence needed? And Wes/Pritchard seem tailor-made for the player dribbling diagonally at the opposition.

Interesting Westie.

''For the building game, vertical passes are generally weaker (though somewhat situational) for a few reasons. Although they are most effective at gaining space upfield, they force little positional change from the opposition. Due to this, not only can the defenders prepare for the pass more effectively, meaning for better defensive access but the lack of a significant adjustment at the moment of the pass means that it can easily be defended against.''

#england?

Parma

Great find Westie, well done. Good insight that reflects the German approach / mindset, educate the players correctly along with the right signings and could be exciting football coming our way!

@Parma
"On the football pitch, it is the wide spaces which generally carry the least strategical value. From these areas one only has 180′ of possible direction to play in due to the presence of the touchline. As a result, it makes it very easy to press the ball and that is why the majority of pressing traps are executed in the wide areas. Other issues are that it provides little access to other areas of the pitch – by being at one end of the pitch it becomes very difficult to access spaces which are horizontally far away. Then in the final third, there are few means of penetrating from wide areas which are efficient in comparison to the centre and half-space which are of much higher value."
#Canary Call 
[:D]

A great article to read. I suspect the Murphy boys will absolutely thrive next season. The mention of dribbling diagonally will suit them to a few as they both have two feet and then can also pose a threat on goal when cutting across. My only concern is the strike force, I believe we badly need a raw pace striker to compliment what we have in a technically superb Oliveira and a powerhouse in Jerome.

Then central midfield will be addressed as I''m not sure we have the defensively clever CDM TO dictate play. Whilst Dorrans is an astute passer of the ball I''m not so sure about his defensive and positional awareness. This position could well be one whereby our new manager already has someone in mind to come in on their reccommendation.