Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Do we need much for next season?

Honestly how much does this squad need for next season? Obviously we need defenders, But we can score goals and be creative in the middle. So maybe some more grit?

How many players do you all think we need to challenge next year for top 6.

Yes, we need quite a bit.

A keeper, two centre backs, at least one left back if not two, a new defensive midfielder and a striker.

That is before we factor in any potential player sales this summer.

Well we have Declan Rudd.... and we have Marley (sp?) coming in on a freebie with Nelson and Jerome & Pritchard with the Murphy twins I think we''re ok up front. So basically the spine and defenders

Only Nelson and Jerome are strikers out of the players you just listed.

With regards to the keeper situation, you mentioned about top 6- I''m not sure Rudd is good enough for that.

Falling into the habit of thinking our players are good enough to push for promotion is one of the main reasons Neil failed last season.

With the assumption that Watkins is signing, we 100% need 2 CBs, 1 LB, 1 GK, 1 DM and preferably a pacey striker and a second left back.

Well, in truth to get promoted we probably need a fair bit in reality.

Miniumum;

1 x GK (Ruddy needs replacing, is Rudd good enough?)

1 x CB (Bennett, Bassong and Turner gone, but Godfrey has potential)

1 x LB (Olsson gone, Whitts gone, Djiks gone but potentially okay to sign)

Realistically needed for promotion:

1 x GK

2 x CB - is Godfrey ready?

2 x LB - will Toffolo make the grade?

1 x DM - Mulumbu gone

1 x Striker - just Cam and Oliveira leaves us a bit light up top

So basically we will look like;

GK: New Signing + Rudd (Jones backup)

RB: Pinto (Martin backup)

CB: Martin (+ New Signing) Godfrey as backup

CB: Klose (+ New Signing) ""

LB: New Signing (Toffolo Backup?)

CDM: Tettey/Dorrans/Thompson

CM: Howson/Dorrans/Thompson

CAM: Hoolahan/Pritchard/Naismith/Maddison

LW: Pritchard/Murphy/Wildschut

RW: Murphy/Murphy/Jarvis

CF: Oliveira/Jerome

Assuming we do sign Marley predominantly as some kind of winger it looks like one of Wildschut or Jarvis if not both will be off.

A keeper, two centre backs, at least one left back if not two, a new defensive midfielder and a striker.

i agree with this and think we need a more Mobile CM / DM with pace

i Also am thinking if Oliveria and Jerome are suited to this high pressing game

Oiveria is a better finisher but does not work as hard as Jerome

were Jerome will work his socks off running about but his finishing can let him down

so for me a New Striker but they are the most expensive player to buy !

Russ as a CB, oh dear. Back up RB at best next season. If we keep Klose then a further 2 CBs at least if Godfrey is included. We might possibly need 4 CBs.

The club website currently lists 21 players in the first team squad (which currents excludes Rudd and Toffolo)Not sure how literally to take the comment, but Webber said that 12-15 players from last season''s squad would be here next season. He also said we wouldn''t be running a squad of 25 experienced players, it''d be more like 18 experienced players with young players providing the rest of the cover.It''s difficult to second guess who is going, since he already said we need to sell to buy. Naismith, Jarvis, Wildschut, McGovern would top the list, but I can imagine us barely breaking even from those four.At the very least we''re looking at a goalkeeper (probably a young premiership player on loan), left back, two centre backs, and a clinical striker.Those my gut feeling is that carnage is coming, and they will be a few shock departures. Klose is probably off, I wouldn''t be shocked if we sold Pritchard.

I don''t think there will be any ''shock'' departures as there''s no one who I''d be shocked at losing: all players have their price, the thing is not to undersell them. Even Jacob Murphy could be worth cashing in on - liverpool were linked with a £6m swoop last season, I''d not put that kind of thing beyond the realms of possibility in areas where we are as well stocked as we are (with Marley Watkins coming in).

I guess it all depends if you think Morris, Rudd, Toffolo, Adams and Godfrey are good enough / ready. I''m sure Mr Farke will make the right choices.

norfolkngood

Farke has stated that his playing style is unlike Klopps & Wagners and is not highpressing but rather one based on possession and domination so that shouldn''t be a factor as to whether Jerome and Oliveira fit the playing style.

Stuart Webber said that they will assess out of contract and loan options. Aside from Watkins, who do you think is a good shout at this stage ?

Sheyi Ojo - loan from Liverpool

Bielik - loan from Arsenal

Kirchoff - Sunderland from free

Ledley - free from palace although looks to be going to cardiff

Hennessey from palace maybe ?

The German leagues are full of talent i am excited about having a mixture of Webber know English leagues and Farke knowing younger players in Germany

one i would look out for Josh Holtby younger brother of former spurs player Lewis

He plays for SV Rödinghausen coming from the Borussia Mönchengladbach academy he is tipped to become better than his brother

If Farke feels like he can get the best out of our current crop, I reckon we need a centre back, a left back and a big physical midfielder minimum.

Any others and he clearly doesn''t have faith in what we already have here. Players like Klose and Naismith and Howson shouldnt need replacing. Dorrans being fit will be a surprisingly big deal I reckon, he brings a he''ll of a lot of balance and composure to the middle of the park that we have sorely missed when he isn''t there. The attack and creative options are good enough and plentiful enough though a cheeky loan of a top prem prospect wouldn''t go amiss if the likes of Tammy Abraham gets sent out again.

Tammy will be sent out again, but it''ll be to a Premier League side. Newcastle are currently favourites to sign him. But Ike Ugbo, also at Chelsea, may be worth a loan, if we''re going to go down that route and he fits into the kind of forward Farke is after. I''d also see if Chelsea were willing to sell Michael Hector.

"If" Dijks and Pinto are both here, we have Toffolo and Martin/Godfrey as cover for both positions. But fresh blood in CB''s is paramount with/without Klose staying

Would prefer to offload Jarvis, who imo will always be injury prone now, and keep Wildshut to give him a try, especially if this Watkins is arriving.

Even if Howson/Tettey goes, would like to see Maddison/Thompson given a crack as I think they''re more than capable in those positions.

But looking forward to seeing some foreign talent arriving, and expect these guys to pull out a few gems

Priority one signings have to be a left back, 2 centre backs and a central defensive midfielder.

The next phase is probably a keeper and a striker, it is now or never for Rudd and Matthews, but I suspect we may see rudd leave ifthe rumours of Angus gunn are not simply fiction. I am very happy that nelson and jerome are plenty good enough for us, both have good scoring records and offer somethingdifferent; but a third striker is a must to cover injuries, form loss and suspensions - perhaps a loan would fit the bill here. And then a further CB

Depending on whether toffolo and morris are really good enough to bulk the squad out and whether Louis Thompson can stay fit for more than 200 mins pitch time we may need a further left back, CDM and striker.

I''m sure Rudd could be good enough considering DF says a priority seems to be tightening up the defence.

I don''t see Tettey fitting into a system where possession is paramount. So we need a Matic/Carrick type to join in with Howson.

Where you get decent CB''s from is up to DF/SW.

Agree about Tetty. Not in a system based on possession football. He needs replacing IMO, getting slower, injury prone and card magnet. Hoping that Thompson can step up, showed potential before his injury last season. The HC has stated he does not like sideways movement, so that should spell Tetts'''' exit.