Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Pinkun Football Match

Hi all,

Had an idea a while ago and wanted to sound out if there would actually be much enthusiasm for it on here.

You can hire the Carrow Road pitch to play on for £1400 + VAT over the summer. If there were 30+ people up for it we could split the cost and have a pinkun match. Still wouldn''t be cheap but could be a great experience.

Anyone interested?

Put me in as CB and captain. [Y]I give nothing away, tough, mean, uncompromising, controlling and not afraid to go in where it hurts. [8o|](at least, that''s what the wife says). [:S] 

It would be a laugh!

I don''t want to be on Highlands team though. He''ll claim a lack of ambition that we didn''t pay 3000 for the pitch before we even start.

You''re looking at May 2018 now though as this years dates have finished

The pitch is set to be available from Monday, May 8 until Sunday, May 28, 2017, with four sessions scheduled each day (9:00-12:00, 12:30-15:30, 16:00-19:00, 19:30-22:30)*.

If you want a back four with a combined age in excess of 250 put me down with Lappinitup, ricardo and Nutty. May i suggest Waveney in goal as absolutely nothing would get past him believe me. [:D]

I used to be a goalie Til but if I went down for a ball now I''d never get back up again.

Palma - If you''re playing I''ll volunteer to be the physio, so me and my sponge can relieve your aches & pains lol

I remember this idea came around a long while back and there was decent interest. It may have been a Pinkun-only affaire but I think that it was with a view to playing the 606 crowd?

At any rate, I''d be interested. So long as it isn''t in the next week, as I''m in the late stages of recovering from a hamstring tear.

[quote user="Mason 47"]I remember this idea came around a long while back and there was decent interest. It may have been a Pinkun-only affaire but I think that it was with a view to playing the 606 crowd?

At any rate, I''d be interested. So long as it isn''t in the next week, as I''m in the late stages of recovering from a hamstring tear.[/quote]

I was trying to organise that. Turned out we couldn''t have Carrow Rd after all.

If you''re after someone with the self-entitlement of Mark Fortheringham and the ability to match (aside from the Fozzy flick), you won''t be (too) disappointed.

The last time I played at Carrow Road, I tucked a penalty beyond Robert Green...

(as has pretty much anyone else who''s ever taken one against him)

I''d certainly be interested, although I would be happy if it was 2018 as I need about a year to get fit enough to run up and down a full sized pitch again, been predominantly playing 5aside due to getting a job that sadly includes Saturday working

OK so it seems like there is some interest (and some creepy stuff between Diane and Parma...). Does anyone know how to get a thread pinned on here?

Is there an upper age limit? I can stroll up and down the left side of midfield with additional pointing and shouting as required

[quote user="king canary"]Hi all,

Had an idea a while ago and wanted to sound out if there would actually be much enthusiasm for it on here.

You can hire the Carrow Road pitch to play on for £1400 + VAT over the summer. If there were 30+ people up for it we could split the cost and have a pinkun match. Still wouldn''t be cheap but could be a great experience.

Anyone interested?[/quote]

Did that a few years back for a mates birthday. Great day scoring at the barclay end, pity no one was in the stand.

Great day but the pitch was huge compared to what I''d played on before.

Away changing rooms are awful

I''m man-marking you LDC. At let''s just say i''m not great at tackling, but i''m fairly committed.

I Played there 20 years ago ! wow how time flies i still remember how i thought it was like walking on very thin ice due to the layer of sand on the turf like a crust on top of the soft ground underneath

i can remember i did a sliding tackle near the away fans area i am surprised the mark is not still there i took so much turf up !

Great Memories