Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Forum probs

I changed my ISP today to ntl and for some reason now when I log on I can''t see who has posted each post.  There is just a space where the username normally is.  Also, I don''t have the control panel etc at the top.  If my memory serves me right people have had this prob before.

Any suggestions?

I use NTL at home and it''s fine for me. Maybe something on the NTL setup disc changed something (if you used it).

This names problems is something I don''t think we''ve ever got to the bottom of.

I''ve always thought it was something to do with Javascript, internet security settings relating to scripting. Others say Norton Personal Firewall.

There''s someone on the EDP site who can see names there, but not on the Evening News (or vice-versa).

Maybe it was answered but I''ve forgotten.

If not, hold on. We could be moving to some new forums in a few weeks.

[quote]I changed my ISP today to ntl and for some reason now when I log on I can''t see who has posted each post. There is just a space where the username normally is. Also, I don''t have the control panel e...[/quote]

Dial 150 ,  NTL  now have a pretty good  technical support service ...  sounds like there`s some conflict between NTL  browser  and your other server !   I find that  having just NTL  as your server  is the route to go  .. that way  you can get on their backs  if things  go tits up !! LOL

By the way , if your on broadband , choose the cheapest , there`s  NOT all that much  , noticeable , difference  between that and the  fastest speeds  on offer !

DD - I have this same problem, and another poster (I think T07) discovered that it is down to firewall settings on Windows XP. I haven''t tried amending my Firewall settings so can''t confirm, but I have reduced all security settings in IE for the Pinkun site (I made it a trusted site and removed pretty much all restrictions) and enabled all scripting etc, without effect. I''m not an NTL customer so its not NTL specific. Good luck!