Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Lambert walks away from Wolves

Clearly just a straight swap with Tuchel from Dortmund given the reports in Bild this morning :p

[quote user="Canary Utd II"]or maybe he was pushed???[/quote]Yes, he has been fired. He hasn''t walked of his own volition. All his three main backroom staff have gone as well and the club have his replacement lined up.

The fading of Lambert''s star gets funnier by the sacking.

Where next I wonder...where can match his ambition and talents?

Apples

Shows that he got lucky at Norwich. Took over in Div One (my dog could have got us out of there), got a bit of momentum and got carried by an on-fire Grant Holt.

He''s getting a bit of a reputation now of not hanging around for long, he was only at Blackburn for 5 minutes.

Can''t see him ever hitting the heights that he reached here. Shame really.

Completely baffled as to how Norwich fans can take enjoyment in his subsequent decline. He was by far the best manager I''ve seen us have and gave me some fantastic memories.

It''s always ridiculous to try and claim he got ''lucky'' with us. Back to back promotions would take a fuck load of luck.

It show''s what an inexact science appointing a manager is.

A manager can do brilliantly a one club when all the stars aline (in our case Lambert holt hoolahan) & bomb at the next just not getting the breaks or the star striker is broken at start of season. You only have to look back at some of the names muted by our fans when we''ve needed a new manager to see success at one club is no guarantee.

Also managers can fail at one club but be great at the next or Bobby Robson would have disappeared before even getting to the s**m

Lambert was a brilliant motivator and man-manager, but always needed a tactically strong coach to run the day to day, so he could maintain his distance in the Martin O''Neill/Brian Clough mould. Once his relationship with Culverhouse soured, he struggled to have the same impact.

I think people forget that in the Championship promotion season, Foulger was pumping money in behind the scenes. Whilst we punched above our weight, signing Ruddy, Barnett, Ward, Surman, Crofts, Jackson, Fox , Tierney, and loans for Lansbury and Pacheco weren''t cheap. We were even bidding for Elliot Bennett and Steve Morison in that January window, and had a £2m deal fro Craig Mackail Smith lined up before Peterborough moved the goalposts.

Hard for him, because Benteke aside, his successes have come from signing young hungry British players that his teams have played against. Unless he can find a Robbie Cowling style benefactor in League One, hard to see him getting another job.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Lambert was a brilliant motivator and man-manager, but always needed a tactically strong coach to run the day to day, so he could maintain his distance in the Martin O''Neill/Brian Clough mould. Once his relationship with Culverhouse soured, he struggled to have the same impact.

I think people forget that in the Championship promotion season, Foulger was pumping money in behind the scenes.
Whilst we punched above our weight, signing Ruddy, Barnett, Ward, Surman, Crofts, Jackson, Fox , Tierney, and loans for Lansbury and Pacheco weren''t cheap. We were even bidding for Elliot Bennett and Steve Morison in that January window, and had a £2m deal fro Craig Mackail Smith lined up before Peterborough moved the goalposts.

Hard for him, because Benteke aside, his successes have come from signing young hungry British players that his teams have played against. Unless he can find a Robbie Cowling style benefactor in League One, hard to see him getting another job.[/quote]Was this money shown in the accounts? I remember loans (subsequently repaid) coming from directors, is that what you mean?

"Completely baffled as to how Norwich fans can take enjoyment in his subsequent decline."

Very easily. He''s a limited manager with an overinflated sense of his own ability.

Villa, Blackburn, Wolfs...next, Leyton Orient

Apples

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Icecream Snow"]Lambert was a brilliant motivator and man-manager, but always needed a tactically strong coach to run the day to day, so he could maintain his distance in the Martin O''Neill/Brian Clough mould. Once his relationship with Culverhouse soured, he struggled to have the same impact.

I think people forget that in the Championship promotion season, Foulger was pumping money in behind the scenes.
Whilst we punched above our weight, signing Ruddy, Barnett, Ward, Surman, Crofts, Jackson, Fox , Tierney, and loans for Lansbury and Pacheco weren''t cheap. We were even bidding for Elliot Bennett and Steve Morison in that January window, and had a £2m deal fro Craig Mackail Smith lined up before Peterborough moved the goalposts.

Hard for him, because Benteke aside, his successes have come from signing young hungry British players that his teams have played against. Unless he can find a Robbie Cowling style benefactor in League One, hard to see him getting another job.[/quote]Was this money shown in the accounts? I remember loans (subsequently repaid) coming from directors, is that what you mean?

[/quote]Foulger had at some point loaned the club club £1.4m (more recently repaid) but in the 2010-11 season he also bought 80,000 shares, at between £25 and £30 a share, which therefore put between £2m and £2.4m into the coffers.

Lambert done a fantastic job here, moved on and it hasn''t really worked out since. Not sure I care if he does well or not but I certainly don''t wish ill fortune on him.

[quote user="hogesar"]Lambert done a fantastic job here, moved on and it hasn''t really worked out since. Not sure I care if he does well or not but I certainly don''t wish ill fortune on him.[/quote]

You''re very wise not to Hogesar. People have been banned from the PinkUn for even wishing mild ill fortune upon him.

[quote user="king canary"]Completely baffled as to how Norwich fans can take enjoyment in his subsequent decline. He was by far the best manager I''ve seen us have and gave me some fantastic memories.

It''s always ridiculous to try and claim he got ''lucky'' with us. Back to back promotions would take a fuck load of luck.[/quote]I don''t think it''s fair to say he got '' lucky '' at Norwich and I hope we never forget the years he gave us. That said while it might not quite right to say there''s enjoyment to see what''s happened since he left us but it is quite satisfying to see managers who jump ship for supposedly'' better '' clubs come unstuck.I felt the same when John Bond swanned off to Man City and Mike Walker thought Everton was a bigger fish to fry.

and Smith, I believe the Germans have a word for it...I''m sure Lambert must have learnt it during his time across there?

Apples

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I agree 100% with what Lapps said.[:D][/quote]One of the best word puzzles for a long while.How many Polish football clubs can you find hidden in this group of letters?

lamberts time here was unparalleled.

However his subsequent performance in terms of entertainment and results has fallen well short, and are actually deteriorating fast since losing his sidekicks.

Its hard to see where he will end up next - perhaps a drop back to league one is needed to rejuvenate him. Its a tough job thats for sure.

But its great to see Wolves implode - 4 managers in a season and the most stable departing. At least it looks as if Lambert has left them with a ryan bennett curve ball as a signing!