Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Key appointments made to recruitment department

Believe this confirms what was rumoured several weeks ago, good to finally have it sorted, guessing this completes our backroom staff.

Obviously I have no idea about them or their capabilities but if they are the people that Webber wants it is good news.

Next stage will be Farke and Reimer''s backroom staff I assume. will be interesting to see what happens to McAvoy, Irvine and Kiely. Is Neil Adams still around as Head of Loans?

[quote user="Woodman"]Next stage will be Farke and Reimer''s backroom staff I assume. will be interesting to see what happens to McAvoy, Irvine and Kiely. Is Neil Adams still around as Head of Loans?[/quote]I''m not sure Farke will be bringing anyone else in. Webber''s already said that Farke''s team would have (at least one) British coach, so even if Irvine goes, they''ll be looking for a British coach with similar experience to replace him.Unless they shoe-horn McAvoy into the youth set-up, would expect him to be off.

Not the greatest track record for these guys, Wolves, Burnley and Rangers but it isn''t always fair to judge as recruitment guys can make all the recommendations they like, but if the manager ignores them then it doesn''t matter how good they are or not.

Hope they have come with notebooks full of prospective players and Webber can start ''pushing the buttons'' he mentioned so much in the recent interviews.

Pretty much agree Bethnal, they don''t really appear to have the most stunning of records, but that''s not to say they didn''t unearth some gems that weren''t fancied by their bosses. [Though that being the case, of course our previous encumbents could claim the same!]. Presumably they know Webber and his ways of working, so will hopefully hit the ground running.

Can''t be any worse than the idiots we had before who thought Kyle Lafferty as a good signing

Well, if Scott worked at Rangers when they signed Joey Barton - he might be able to push whoever it was at Norwich who recommended Lafferty close.

(Although on paper the Lafferty deal didn''t look awful at the time, he was pretty successful at Palermo, but goes to show the complexities of player recruitment)

Must cost a fortune getting a sign writer in every time we lose a manager. The office doors must be wafer thin by now.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Must cost a fortune getting a sign writer in every time we lose a manager. The office doors must be wafer thin by now.[/quote]Since 2014 they''ve been using fridge magnets.

Are these the best available or just friends of Weber?

On the plus side - it should make Ray Wilkins happy.

i do know the last scouting team had contacts around the world not just Europe

but like people have said and it was true here last season if the Manager does not want / fancy the player or the case we sometimes didn''t have the money at the time

scouts can only recommended players to the Manager not sign them