Sign in to follow this  
unique

Ryan Bennett signs for Wolves

Reading what he has to say on joining Wolves, I think it''s fair to say his ability does not match his ambition.

If he has a good season he might make the England World Cup squad.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Wow, that''s quick. They only appointed a new Manager today.

Why aren''t we as quick as Wolves......?[/quote][:D] What was really quick was Lambert''s quitting when he heard the words "Sporting Director"!

Got to laugh, you have to assume that Lambert had something to do with the signing, and just as Bennett arrives - he gets his marching orders!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Got to laugh, you have to assume that Lambert had something to do with the signing, and just as Bennett arrives - he gets his marching orders![/quote]Probably not. By all accounts the power at Wolves, and the man charged by the club to hire players, is the agent, Jorge Mendes.

Good luck to Ryan. A decent player who never quite fulfilled the early promise we hoped he had. Injuries let him down whenever he tried to establish himself in the team, let down by coaching, and more so this season let down by his defensive team mates around him.

Beginning of last season I had high hopes that Bennett & Klose would be the backbone of our promotion push, never thought our back line would be so porous.

Good luck to him, never really made the grade with us.

Most memorable moments came from howlers on his Twitter account.His time at Carrow Rd never turned out as well as we hoped but a bit unlucky with injuries at crucial times which perhaps stopped him getting a decent run.Shame he''s signed for scummy Wolves but I wish him well.

All the best Ryan.

I''ll see who replaces him before deciding on the wisdom of letting him go.

I seem to recall the Shackell made the same trip to Wolves some years ago. To be fair he did well, and spent some time at PL level.

Am I right in saying he is now at Burnley, or Derby?

Would not surprise me if he does well there. He needed a move as he''s never quite kicked on for us and I feel like he suffered a dramatic loss of confidence/form after getting dropped earlier this season. Sometimes players just neeed a fresh start. In previous seasons I think he was too often made the fall guy for bad defeats or to enable Russell Martin to be brought back into the side and was not really given a fair crack of the whip. At one point during our premier league tenure he was performing well and looked like establishing himself but was then unfairly dropped.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]TBF will always remember his greatest moment, putting Sanchez in the camera pit, happy memories.[/quote]

Yes a great moment, but Sanchez seems quite a likeable chap. Now if it had been Diego Costa.... I''d have paid good money to see that.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]I seem to recall the Shackell made the same trip to Wolves some years ago. To be fair he did well, and spent some time at PL level.

Am I right in saying he is now at Burnley, or Derby?[/quote]Was disappointed when Shackell left, I''m not so disappointed Bennett has left, I just don''t think he has developed as much as he could have. Some footballers develop and improve throughout their careers, others don''t kick on and just stagnate in just tying to keep their level up.  I hope does well, but I hope we get in someone with more to offer.

I agree, I think Shackell was more Captain material, something we had lacked at the back since Malky. Bennett is a bit disappointing as he hasn''t really progressed all that much since being here. He has had some very good spells for us, but with the experience of Martin, Klose and Bassong you''d like to think he would have improved but he hasn''t improved much. When he performed he was a first choice option, but equally he often made mistakes and gave away a lot of fouls by being far too aggressive, both on and off the pitch (especially on Twitter). I certainly think we won''t miss him all that much if we bring in a decent replacement, but I wish him well as he shared some good times with the club.