Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Is Worthy about to go backwards again...

...by playing Fleming at right back tommorow? What''s the logic in this? Jurgen Colin had probably his best game for us against Ipswich last Sunday, Worthy even admitted this himself.

This just takes me back to when Gary Holt couldn''t get in the midfield positions and was played at right back for a few games instead. Yeah, if Colin "needs a breather" then fair enough, but I won''t be happy at all to see Fleming suddenly become out "first choice right back" just for the sake of getting him in the team.

Thoughts?

I think everyone would be disappointed if the back four that kept an away clean sheet for the first time in the league since Oct 16th last season was changed for tomorrows game.

OTBC

Who can tell with this manager, look what happened when McVeigh had his best game.  Worthy now has the opportunity to put Fleming into the reserve side to maintain his fitness, but we should be looking to see Shackell on the bench or even Charlton if he is fit.

I believe Worthy has finally seen the light after 4 years in charge he now realises the game is played over ninety minutes in two halves and wants his players to compete over the whole period.

He has discovered what many of the fans have been saying for the last season and a half, dropped Fleming, and had our first away win in what eighteen months.

Last season he commented on the fact that many of the Premiership players were over six foot tall yet its taken eight games into this season to put two tall centre backs into his team.

Hopefully his next realisation will be that when Norwich play the ball on the ground they seem to have much more success and stop the long high balls into the forwards which invariably go astray.

Perhaps the future is looking brighter after all.

[quote]I think everyone would be disappointed if the back four that kept an away clean sheet for the first time in the league since Oct 16th last season was changed for tomorrows game. OTBC[/quote]

totally agree

but worthy seems to forget the saying:
"if it aint broke dont fix it"

leave colin in, drop flemming.... everyone wins

I''m sure he will play Colin at RB if fit. Still, from the sounds of it Fleming put in a decent performance at RB on Tuesday, so that can only be positive, can''t it?