Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Sean Raggett and a young, Dutch CB - Rob Butler

According to Rob Butler, we''re in for Lincoln City''s 23 year old, 6''5 CB Sean Raggett, and are ''in talks'' with a young, Dutch CB who is "highly-rated" and has interest from the Bundesliga.
Looks like the irons are well and truly in the fire and Webber is getting to work. 
Butler also said he''s surprised Marley Watkins not been announced yet, (the implication was that it''s a done deal, not that he''s going somewhere else), which I think most of us knew.
Also seems like the communication lines between the club and Archant have been re-established, which is probably a good thing.

Watkins is the announcement that the official site has hinted at as news today don''t you think, but the Dutch CB (?) on the list too.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]We should probably wait for a propper journalist to give us some news.

[/quote]
To be fair, it sounds like Archant are getting fed somoe scraps by the club now. Webber said he wanted to communicate with the fans more, and getting the local press onside is probably one of the highest priorities in fulfilling that agenda. I expect we''ll see Butler et al getting te inside track for a bit.

I thought Raggett was signing for WBA, he had a trial with them in April didn''t he?

[quote user="Indy"]I thought Raggett was signing for WBA, he had a trial with them in April didn''t he?[/quote]
West Ham apparently had £125k knocked back for him too. Butler said others clubs are interested but we''re in for him - wait and see I guess.

On paper looks like Ryan Bennett, hopefully if we get him, he''ll end up better than Bennett.

Fingers crossed the type of younger player needed.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="TCCANARY"]We should probably wait for a propper journalist to give us some news.

[/quote]
To be fair, it sounds like Archant are getting fed somoe scraps by the club now. Webber said he wanted to communicate with the fans more, and getting the local press onside is probably one of the highest priorities in fulfilling that agenda. I expect we''ll see Butler et al getting te inside track for a bit.
[/quote]Butler always gives the impression that he''s there because he won a competition.

[quote user="Mike "]Sounds like you are jealous because you came 2nd....[/quote]2nd prize was a complete set of Wally Web Coffee Cup Coasters, now whose jealous? [:D]

kick it off wrote the following post at 2017-06-01 3:25 PM:

According to Rob Butler, we''re in for Lincoln City''s 23 year old, 6''5 CB Sean Raggett, and are ''in talks'' with a young, Dutch CB who is "highly-rated" and has interest from the Bundesliga.

Looks like the irons are well and truly in the fire and Webber is getting to work.

Butler also said he''s surprised Marley Watkins not been announced yet, (the implication was that it''s a done deal, not that he''s going somewhere else), which I think most of us knew.

Also seems like the communication lines between the club and Archant have been re-established, which is probably a good thing.

Marley Watkins is in the building. Done and dusted and announced!

[quote user="Indy"]On paper looks like Ryan Bennett, hopefully if we get him, he''ll end up better than Bennett.

Fingers crossed the type of younger player needed.[/quote]Ryan Bennett cost a ****-lot more than £125K!

Tbf to Butler he only tends to put any thing like that up on twitter when he actually knows. Like the Dijks stuff back in january. Doesn''t just put any old gossip on twitter.

[quote user="City 2nd"]

Butler also said he''s surprised Marley Watkins not been announced yet, (the implication was that it''s a done deal, not that he''s going somewhere else), which I think most of us knew. [/quote]In the interviews last week, Daniel Farke had said his first official day was June 1st, and that Borussia Dortmund had let him go to the press conference last Thursday, but that he was still a Dortmund employee until May 31st.So whilst it was a done deal, I think it was just a courtesy thing to let Farke meet the player and rubber stamp it on his first day.

[quote user="City 2nd"] Marley Watkins is in the building. Done and dusted and announced![/quote]
I know - announced shortly after the original post was made...

I''ve seen Raggett play first hand at Sincil Bank 5\6 times last season he''s a good player. Also glad to see us looking at talent from lower leagues again. Not got a clue about the Dutch CB, intresting times ahbead that''s for sure

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Indy"]On paper looks like Ryan Bennett, hopefully if we get him, he''ll end up better than Bennett.

Fingers crossed the type of younger player needed.[/quote]Ryan Bennett cost a ****-lot more than £125K![/quote]

Well we don''t know how much we need to pay for Raggett, but hopefully nowhere near the 3 million that we were reported to have paid for Bennett, but my comparison was his size, age and coming from lower league side.

[quote user="Indy"] Well we don''t know how much we need to pay for Raggett, but hopefully nowhere near the 3 million that we were reported to have paid for Bennett, but my comparison was his size, age and coming from lower league side.[/quote]
The latest bids reported were Oxford and someone else who I forget who have apparently bid 250k so I would guess that we''re talking less than 500k.

Mashiter says we''ll need to meet Raggett''s £350k release clause.

Ok, I''ll start off the ''who I would like the Dutch player to be'' game with Jerry St. Juste. Recent PL interest, young player in the Eredivisie and was ******* quality for me on FM

Arriving at Carrow Road Marley walks towards the main entrance and asks

"why is the door yellow ? "" a lemon entry, my dear Watkins"

Woodman - I''ve not seen Raggett play all that much, I just know he is very, very tall! I would guess he''s much taller than Godfrey or Efete, and is possibly therefore a potential like for like replacement for Bennett rather than Godfrey or Efete. Godfrey was originally actually a Midfielder, but has also played at CB

[quote user="Morgan"]Does anyone have an idea of how far Efete is away from the first team in terms of ability?[/quote]AJ says it''s a few inches.

Ha de ha TC Canary - I''d say from what I''ve seen that Godfrey is more likely than Efete to break through during pre-season if given the chance

If Raggett is 6ft 5ins then he''s quiet abit taller than Bennett, but how good is he with his feet and footballing brain thats going to be just important if he''s to jump up those divisions (not saying he cant at all).

given we need 4-5 CBs to choose from next season plus efete as untried young cover (its seems godfrey was preferred as RB or DCM) we need 2-3 signings, possibly 4 if Klose also departs as expected.

At least one of those will be at the value end of the range; and i suspect far more names will emerge over the coming weeks.

Good to see we look to be targeting hungry ambitious potential, although I would like to see a couple of more experienced players in this position, something like whitbread would be appreciated.