Sign in to follow this  
Insider

Shay Given?

His contract is expiring at stoke and is keen to play another season, he''s said he would be happy to be a number 1 in the championship, what would people think?

thats'' a tough one i would say No as he has not played a lot in two seasons 11 games ( wiki )

but was a very good keeper 41 yeas old now has his legs gone has he still got that spring them reflexes ?

very close NO

younger players the future

I''d rather have John Ruddy.

In fact, whilst understanding the need to trim the high earners and accepting the fact that some flaws appeared in Big J''s game last season, releasing Ruddy is the only criticism of our Summer dealings so far.

IMO, He remains the best of the three we are left with, had some sell on value in any case (didn''t Chelsea offer a lot a couple of seasons ago) and is/was a thorough "Mr. Norwich City" in the very best sense of the phrase.

His contract should have been renewed:-

He is young for a ''keeper.

There may have been other reasons for his slip in standards.

He was our best on the books.

He has a market price.

I am not convinced by any of the alternatives. It will cost to get a decent number one for next season ... a very crucial season at that.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Not for me, good back in the day, would like to see Remi Matthews back competing for a place.[/quote]

👍

Have only seen a little of Remi, but he looks really decent and impresses each time, I''m sure he will make the grade with us. But maybe Angus Gunn No1 with Remi as back up perhaps?

We got Ruddy off the wage bill to replace him with another high earner ? No not for me.

@ Alex

Have only seen a little of Remi, but he looks really decent and impresses each time, I''m sure he will make the grade with us. But maybe Angus Gunn No1 with Remi as back up perhaps?

Possibly Alex, or maybe Remi as No1 with Angus as back up ? Hamilton were very impressed with him in this season, and personally i think he is well ahead of Rudd, who i wouldnt be surprised to see move on this summer.