Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Steven Naismith excited for NCFC future.

Hes done nothing in 18 months to be happy about him not being sold. Overpaid & underperformed.

The only reason he will be at NCFC is because there''s no takers for him. If there''s any interest in him then he will go.

Welcome Badger, and thanks for doing the ''link'' thing 👍

Each to their own Move Klose - I like Naismith.

I''m with a Klose, he never wanted to come, never put the effort in and lacks quality everyone thought he had. Not worth the reported 40 k a week.

Get shot, if anyone wants him.

Not really going to say anything else in that interview was he.

Me too, Drazen - very vocal, very passionate - captains qualities in spades. I''m sure DF will see that too - SN clearly wants to not only stay, but impress the new manager too, and if he continues to improve as he has done then he''ll be a real asset this coming season.

[quote user="Indy"]he never wanted to come, never put the effort in and lacks quality[/quote]

Couldn''t disagree more with 2 of those 3 points, I don''t know about the ''coming here'' comment though - did he tell you that personally, Indy?

He made it pretty clear in the summer he wasn''t keen on a move to Norwich, pretty common knowledge, even in January he put up resistance till we offered over the top wages.

As for the effort and quality, if you''re referring to the last few games of the season then that''s pretty poor, he had 18 months to force his way into a starting spot and couldn''t do it, why do so many think he''ll improve our side?

Still if some are happy to see him stay and want him as captain then that''s your opinion, fair enough. I''d rather keep Martin than have someone like Naismith as our captain.

Each to their own.

He has qualities that others don''t. One I like is he gets very annoyed when we aren''t performing. Pity others don''t have that attitude.

And he might well blossom under Falke. He was played out of position so many times under the last regime.

Jesus some of you are easily pleased. He''s been pretty crap since joining but he does moan at other players so let''s make him captain.

He''s offered very little since joining, had a about 5 good 45 min spells in 18 months.

To be earning the money he is in the championship and the return we are getting is scandalous.

Makes the Wolfswinkel deal not quite so bad now, least we got fees in loans & wages paid for him plus £500k for his permanent sale. Won''t get that for Naismith.

Remember Chris Sutton saying recently he looks like his legs are gone.

Suppose it''s a bit easier to shine when playing with players Lukaku & Barkley.

It''s tempting to see how Naismith evolves under the new regime ..,. he could well have a prolonged swan-song and become a crowd favourite leading from the front. He has his qualities and was undeniably a Goodison favourite whilst rarely being first choice.

On the other hand it could easily be the same old frantic aggro-filled effort over class, not really worth the expense type performances that have made him the second biggest disappointment in recent seasons since RVW for most of us City fans.

(Wildshut who?)

Now there''s the other buy, how much did we actually pay for Wildshut, actually you have to say under AN, his coaching staff and the scouting / buying team we''ve been pretty damn poor with our big signings, Klose, RVW, Naismith and Wildshut all over 7 million if reports are to be believed and lucky to get anything back on any of them.....none regulars in our first team........makes you think just how much has been wasted!

[quote user="Indy"]He made it pretty clear in the summer he wasn''t keen on a move to Norwich, pretty common knowledge, even in January he put up resistance till we offered over the top wages.

As for the effort and quality, if you''re referring to the last few games of the season then that''s pretty poor, he had 18 months to force his way into a starting spot and couldn''t do it, why do so many think he''ll improve our side?

Still if some are happy to see him stay and want him as captain then that''s your opinion, fair enough. I''d rather keep Martin than have someone like Naismith as our captain.

Each to their own.[/quote]

I''m not sure if that''s common knowledge, or just fan gossip, I''ve never seen him say ''I didn''t want to come to Norwich''.

To be honest, I don''t think many players jump through hoops to come to clubs lower in the division until the wages and contract are right - no problem with that, it''s business and these are not Norwich supporters.

When he''s good he''s good. When he''s bad he''s awful.

He''s decent but he''s not £40k p/w decent. Shift him, give the youngsters more game time.

We should only give the youngsters more time if they''re better. I quite like him. He''s not lived up to what we''ve paid so far but I do think he can be an important part of the team next season. Suppose it depends what Farke thinks of him.

He''s offered very little since joining, had a about 5 good 45 min spells in 18 months.

And who did? Very few. And what we paid for him and his wages are the club''s stupid fault.

@Hoegsar

I think Josh Murphy has the potential to be better than Naismith. It also isn''t just ''is he better'' it''s ''is he so much better that he''s worth the wages.

I quite like him but as the point has been made, for £40k a week he needs to be the best player on the pitch more often than not. Otherwise can that money be better spent elsewhere?

Quote user : Drazen Muzinic.

..." winky face "

Thats not the worst insult people have called Naismith.

I''d like to keep him, but it''s an area we''re well stocked (esp now we have Marley coming) so happy enough for DF/SW to take stock and decide what we need. We do need some £ to sort the defence though.

"He''s not lived up to what we''ve paid so far......"

True and in a posting above I put the disappointment with Naismith second only to that of the signing of RVW for City fans.

However, even in the relatively short time since we first signed RVW for that £8m such an outlay, which was massive for NCFC, for many lower end Premier League clubs and certainly for virtually all Championship clubs, now seems to have become commonplace.

Since Rikki we ourselves have signed Naismith, Klose, Pritchard and Wildshut for sums reported to have been around this figure.

At the same time some posters on here are quoting a similar asking price should Howson be sold and even higher figures have been put on the value of the Murphys and we surely expect not to lose out if Klose goes.

Yes SN was over-priced but put in context of commonplace fees today it could be argued that it was not by much.

His wages are the big issue really. If true @ £40, 000 per week, the I for one never thought I would see the day when a Norwich City player would be earning over £2m per annum. We have to assume that Klose and Dijks and others are on similar if a bit less ... to say nothing of the released ones.

Staggering, irresponsible and a bit disgraceful in view of the failure of the season that has just finished.

We have failed to exist in the stratosphere for a long enough continuous period to justify such figures, imo.

Swansea have and are now signing players for fees in excess of that ten million pound milestone with probably wages to match.

Last ditch hit-or-miss effort to maintain our top league status or not, I believe McNally* got ahead of himself by such recklessness and we are paying the price of today.

*Sanctioned by the board.

Oh I agree king. I think Josh can already offer more than Naismith as an attacking threat but all round I''m less confident.

Agree re wages though, keeping him is kind of based on me assuming no one is going to look at his overall contribution last season and offer close to his current wages.