Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Surprised people are so happy

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Getting shot of many of the squad who performed so poorly this season and also the one before is not something, in my mind, to be too exorcised about. It is clear that the defence needs root and branch renewal. So far no one has gone, maybe Ruddy excepted, who I really think we should have kept. Howson hasn''t gone, CJ, Wes, the Murphys, Pricthard, Maddison, Oliveira, Pinto, Klose. These are all the key men (assuming the Germanic influence can get Klose back in form again) that there is little sign of being moved on and who will be the spine of the team. A nice blend actually of youth and experience. Reinforce those with some decent defenders and we have the make up of a good side. Reinvest Naismiths wages or get him sparking again, perhaps he could finally come good. I feel genuinely excited about the current situation. I see Farke as far less of a gamble than many of our recent managers and I think the playing side needs a kick up the ar*e with modern and different approaches, a new coaching set up and some real drive and enthusiasm. Who realistically better could we have attracted other than the same tired old safe names than a highly rated guy at one of Europe''s very top set ups? I''m glad we have something new, exciting and forward thinking to look forward to, hopefully it will inject the spark back into the club after the emperor''s new clothes of the Neil regime.[/quote]

I''m liking your mixing of metaphors here Tumble, although a spark being injected after the emperor''s new (lack of ) clothes is vaguely disturbing...  I''m assuming kick up the arse was metaphorical.  Oooh, will that be auto-censored I wonder ?

Three pages and still no sign of Highland ! This type of thread is meat and drink to him. [:P]

Well a miserablists take on life is that from the moment we are born we begin to die. So Jimbo & Boots were already  adding "Farke Off" to "Balls Up" and "Trout Out" last week. It''s going to be a long season.....

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]IBT- this is a serious condition. I suggest you take a course of Peter Grant match videos, one per day to be taken before food. Beware that they can make you drowsy so do not drive or operate heavy machinery for a couple of hours after. In addition I recommend carrying a list of Bryan Hamilton and Glenn Roeder signings with you, perhaps in A6 format in a pocket. Glance at that whenever you feel particularly down. You should complete the course and in a month I think you''ll feel much better.[/quote]Thanks for the advice. After re-watching the entirety of the 1-1 draw with Hull on the 25/11/06 (which was, incidently, the last game I saw with my late father) and staring at the names Matty Pattison, Mo Camara, Raymond de Waard and Fernando Derveld for an hour I am starting to feel much better. The weeping has stopped and I''m no longer listening to Michael Bolton, he has been replaced by Amy Winehouse''s "Back to black".

Realistically the only players that would be worth keeping are the Murphy''s, Oliveira, Pritchard maybe Jerome and Howson so losing anyone else'' is no real burden. Even Howson wasn''t all that the last two seasons

I still maintain that if you can''t get excited about an entire new structure, the prospect of seeing lots of new players with an unknown quantity head coach, then footballs not for you.

Of course it could all go t*ts up, we''re Norwich after all! But if you can''t get excited pre-season about a coming season where we want to push for promotion, still have some quality players that would walk into any other side in this league, then I don''t know why you bother with the sport.

I can understand Ipswich fans being a bit pessimistic because they''ve had 20 odd seasons of the same thing, they''ve got a manager and structure thats dated and not worked for the past couple years but maintain it anyway. Despite that, even some of them will be a little excited about next season!