Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Piers Morgan gets his facts wrong... and right!

Firstly... calling Norwich a town is insulting enough! But has a valid point with emergency services response with the correct tools if the unthinkable happens.http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/piers-morgan-questions-ability-of-norfolk-police-to-react-to-norwich-terrorist-attack-1-5049823

Yaay the big d!ckhead has gone and given a bunch of psychopaths a great idea to highlight a point just to make himself look remotely knowledgeable.

Norwich, a Town?!

Clearly has his head so far up his a...

I think he has a point.

Take security at home games for example...

The security guys are there to ''check'' bags as people enter the stadium. I don''t know about the rest of the stadium but in the River End we get the base of our bags patted lightly. What the hell do they expect patting a bag to do? It''s not checking - I COULD HAVE ANYTHING IN THERE! and then you think of bombers are there vests, and yet again this is something that is not checked upon entry to Carrow Road.

Piers Morgan has insinuated that security in Norwich is poor and half-hearted and based upon my match day experience I completely agree.

Stadiums are prime targets for these evil people and our little club aren''t visible doing enough to counter any threat.

I have tried to contact the club twice since the Manchester horror, and have had no response what so ever. You would think that when someone questions ''security'' related matter that it would be classed as urgent.

Luckily these idiots up until now have overlooked that if they were to target places like Norwich, Brighton, Nottingham and so on then they would spread real fear among the people of the country. We don''t want people like Morgan highlighting this to them on national tv!

[quote user="JF"]Luckily these idiots up until now have overlooked that if they were to target places like Norwich, Brighton, Nottingham and so on then they would spread real fear among the people of the country. We don''t want people like Morgan highlighting this to them on national tv![/quote]

I''m guessing they''re just being realistic that if they want worldwide media coverage, they''re best sticking to London and Manchester, because if they launch an attack anywhere else in the UK, it will get a lot less coverage abroad.

That''s ball hooks.

If a terrorist attack happened in Norwich it would get the same coverage as London or the larger cities.

Mass killings are mass killings, they wouldn''t get swept under the carpet if it''s in a Norwich, Ipswich or even a Southend... Terrorism can hit anywhere - it''ll be big news where ever it hits.

Dunblane was hardly a major city and we still remember that to this day.

I think they would achieve their goal if they were to do that. The same coverage but the whole country would live in fear of such an attack. As things are the only time that terrorism is on my mind is when I travel to Gatwick or Heathrow or when I see these attacks in cities that I never visit.

He used Norwich as an example anyone getting up the arse about this, get a grip. People call the capital ''London Town'' dont take offence to anything and everything said about NORWICH. (Fine City)

Should stick to interviewing soap stars.

Knob jockey of the first order.

Perhaps some of the reasons that attacks havent taken place in places such as Norwich yet is because there just arnt as many different races. So rightly or wrongly people who are different cant blend in so easily.

people are annoyed because he is right ! (not the Town bit though)

Totally different view but my dad 86 waited 2 hours for a ambulance when he broke his hip on a visit to Stalham

in London there would have been a lot more Ambulances in the area

because we live in a Rural area this is always going to be the case Resources are spread so thin

JF wrote the following post at 2017-06-06 9:36 PM:

Luckily these idiots up until now have overlooked that if they were to target places like Norwich, Brighton, Nottingham and so on then they would spread real fear among the people of the country. We don''t want people like Morgan highlighting this to them on national tv!

Or you on a public football paper forum. Likely to be more read than anything Piers Morgan spouts!

I bet the police in France thought it was inconceivable that anywhere other than Paris would be attacked. Then the attack in Nice happened.

I live in Yarmouth - in the summer it''s a tourist trap with people everywhere. The seafront on a Saturday night, or Prince of Wales Road etc. These types of areas exist all over the country - would you expect any situation to be dealt with in 8 minutes?

Dear me, stop wetting your pants.You do not need to ''blend in'' to drive up the A11 and then down the PoW Road hitting folk on the pavement.You could not search every bag going into the underground, on a train even in a High Street.Stop listening to such sh ite. Six black lads were stabbed to death in one week at the same time in London. 5 Romanian women were killed in a car crash south of Manchester around the time of the bombing. What measures should the country or you take to protect yourself from those deaths..Horrific as they are it is almost certain you will not be killed in similar fashion, just as with car accidents. Yet there are nearly the same number of folk killed every day in road accidents as were killed in that attack.Oddly folk are happy to buy all manner of stuff with the words Keep Calm and Carry On, yet when the time comes are running round like headless chickens.

Dereham Wetherspoons - soft target. Leaves me with palpitations. Where else am I gona get a pint of Heineken for under £3.50? Pier Morgan, you''ve just ruined my life.

[quote user="Jean Moulin"]Dear me, stop wetting your pants.You do not need to ''blend in'' to drive up the A11 and then down the PoW Road hitting folk on the pavement.You could not search every bag going into the underground, on a train even in a High Street.Stop listening to such sh ite. Six black lads were stabbed to death in one week at the same time in London. 5 Romanian women were killed in a car crash south of Manchester around the time of the bombing. What measures should the country or you take to protect yourself from those deaths..Horrific as they are it is almost certain you will not be killed in similar fashion, just as with car accidents. Yet there are nearly the same number of folk killed every day in road accidents as were killed in that attack.Oddly folk are happy to buy all manner of stuff with the words Keep Calm and Carry On, yet when the time comes are running round like headless chickens.[/quote]
While I agree with the points you make (the likelihood of you, as an individual, being the victim of one of these terrorist atrocities; the impotence to stop people intent on inflicting carnage from doing so), I think your stats may be a little questionable. 22 people were killed in the Manchester attack. Do nearly 22 people really die on the roads of Britain each day? The Government stats at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/annual-road-fatalities#history record 1,713 such fatalities in 2013 (the most recent year for which data is presented). That averages at a little under five deaths per day. Of course, I may be misinterpreting the stats or you may well have seen some very different [or more recent?] ones. I just object, mildly, to people blithely spreading [mis]information with no reference to their sources.

If you put Piers Morgan and Alistair Campbell in the same room the acrid stench of stale bile and festering flatulence would be fatal.......

[quote user="Lewis DW"]That''s ball hooks. If a terrorist attack happened in Norwich it would get the same coverage as London or the larger cities. Mass killings are mass killings, they wouldn''t get swept under the carpet if it''s in a Norwich, Ipswich or even a Southend... Terrorism can hit anywhere - it''ll be big news where ever it hits. Dunblane was hardly a major city and we still remember that to this day.[/quote]

That would be true in the UK.  Worldwide I think it would get much less coverage just because the location doesn''t have the same name recognition.  Let''s hope we don''t have to find out who''s right on this one.