Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Kent

Confoosed!!!

I''m struggling with all this talk on this message board! The thread about our new captain and, in my opinion, a great midfielder, Mr A. Hughes, has just stumped me.

We''ve got the usual split of people saying he''s good and others saying he''s rubbish. We''ve even got one person (who is illiterate!) saying we shouldn''t sign him!!!

But for all this arguing, does it really matter. My argument FOR Hughesy and his captain''s armband (sounds like a kids cartoon!) is thus; I haven''t seen a City captain who encourages and keeps his team going so much during a game. Secondly, he IS NOT a replacement for either Holt or Francis. Holty would run ''til his proverbials dropped off, Damo wouldn''t, but he''d get into the box and score scrappy goals.

Andy Hughes is a player a simple values. Gets his foot in, which is a 110% must in this league(and any league for that matter) Can play the killer ball (Deano''s goal VS Palace) but perfers to keep it simple. Will get forward when the time is right, and probably will score a few goals for us this season (would love it to be Saturday!) Plus he''s appreciation for the fans is something I am greatly impressed with.

To exhuast a phrase, in my opinion, Hughesy and Saf in the middle, with more creative players around them, gives us a good balance and is ssomethingwe can build on.

So to sum up, Hughesy is great. I''m always right and never eat before swimming.......

...sorry got carried away.

I am confused as well, why did you not post this in the other thread rather than start a new one?

....because I don''t feel the need to add to the useless thread that it has become. Also I felt the need to make a point that some so-called fans are so quick to judge players and dish out criticism of them before they''ve considered everything.

My point is all centred around one thing. Just before Damien Francis left 95% of the board were complaining that there was no loyalty/passion/desire left etc etc. Well Andy Hughes has all of the above and is also a very good all-round midfielder. Why do people need someone that they can dish out stick to because things aren''t always going the way they want?

Getting behind the team should always be no. 1 priority, instead of moaning about players some people don''t think are fit to play(even though 9/10 they are!

[quote]i agree with your opinion on Hughes[/quote]

Yeh me too, i think Hughes is a good Midfielder and a great captain!

hughes is a good player, and we got him for a bargin really. If he was consistant enough he would be a great premiership player. Him being a choice of captain is a great choice by worthy, watch him everytime the ball goes out, or we have an injury or something, always speaking to the players and encouraging them.

Hughes deserves his armband, and he has won it himself

I just find it a bit worrying  that a loan player is made captain !   Hughes  certainly looks the business  as captain ...  and I feel that Flemmo will benefit by NOT being  given that responsibility !  

[quote]I just find it a bit worrying that a loan player is made captain ! Hughes certainly looks the business as captain ... and I feel that Flemmo will benefit by NOT being given that responsibility ...[/quote]

Lol as said above he''s not on loan, we signed him from Reading in pre-season!

why are you so obsessed with him being on loan? i pointed out in the other hughes thread that we bought him...WE BOUGHT HIM!!!! as in HE''S NOT ON LOAN!!! because HE''S OUR PLAYER - got it yet?