Sign in to follow this  
westcoastcanary

Alan Irvine

Suggestion in the article is that McAvoy and Kiely will stay on, which I find strange, especially for Frankie. I though he was Alex''s man and would be out as soon as the new team started.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Is that a requirement?[/quote] No, but Webber spoke about the desirability of having someone with home-based experience and knowledge. 

[quote user="Woodman"]Suggestion in the article is that McAvoy and Kiely will stay on, which I find strange, especially for Frankie. I though he was Alex''s man and would be out as soon as the new team started.[/quote]There''s a lot more to FM than the common perception of him allows. The EDP article says he will be taking on a new role. Given his successful stint as director of the Accies youth academy and the emphasis now being placed on making the best possible use of our academy, maybe there''s a role for him there?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Woodman"]Suggestion in the article is that McAvoy and Kiely will stay on, which I find strange, especially for Frankie. I though he was Alex''s man and would be out as soon as the new team started.[/quote]There''s a lot more to FM than the common perception of him allows. The EDP article says he will be taking on a new role. Given his successful stint as director of the Accies youth academy and the emphasis now being placed on making the best possible use of our academy, maybe there''s a role for him there?[/quote]

Maybe, perhaps I''m as guilty as others. Anyway, this thread is about Irvine, who used his experience to steady the ship in his 10 games and can leave with his head held high. Wonder what might have happened if he''d taken over at Christmas, when the majority of supporters wanted change?

I wish Alan Irvine all the best, did a good job for us at the end and got some decent results & performances, Im sure he''ll have another job lined up quite quickly

[quote user="Woodman"]Suggestion in the article is that McAvoy and Kiely will stay on, which I find strange, especially for Frankie. I though he was Alex''s man and would be out as soon as the new team started.[/quote]

I''m gutted about Irvine, classy man and a safe knowledgeable man in the background. More interested in Frankie''s new role....do you think bus driver or farke''s brylcreem carrier?

[quote user="Big O"][quote user="Woodman"]Suggestion in the article is that McAvoy and Kiely will stay on, which I find strange, especially for Frankie. I though he was Alex''s man and would be out as soon as the new team started.[/quote]

I''m gutted about Irvine, classy man and a safe knowledgeable man in the background. More interested in Frankie''s new role....do you think bus driver or farke''s brylcreem carrier?[/quote]

Irvine got 1.7 points per game. An improvement, but still not good enough even for the playoffs. He played Pritchard but didn''t improve the defence much. We need new ideas to go with our new players; Irvine is old guard.

I do wonder if clubs have too many coaches at times. Now that managers/ coaches don''t scout any more, they are at the training ground all the time and I wonder why they have to impose their ideas through a third party.

Fitness I can understand but with style and tactics, surely the two new men should be able to handle that.