Sign in to follow this  
bailojnr

Easton

I have never been a fan of Eastons I just don''t rate him! Can someone pleeeeeeeease give me one good reason why he is still at the club collecting his weekly pay cheque? We need a player with flair and passing ability in the middle not this DONKEY! Anyone agree?
Sad to see Mulryne''s not on top form, inconsistancy with some of our players (Rivers included) seems to be an issue at the moment...still we are top of the league by two pints so I''m not gong to worry too much. Not until a string of bad performances is put together, anyway.

cant agree more , i hate running down city players but this man has never inspired me he is so light weight cant tackle or close down when required, he must drive the other city players mad with lack of effort .He makes Rivers look like quite a midfield dynamo ,best thing to do is get rid and give the likes Sinclair a chance if required.OTBC

I don''t think he lacks effort, just talent. And that is the reason he''s still here. Plus we need depth to our squad, he may have to fill in when there''s injuries afoot. He will need support then though, so try and be patient.

I don''t think he will be here after the summer though, unless he really plays a good few games, and plays well.

Thank god I''m not the only one. I remember watching him take a long range free-kick at palace last season. It BOUNCED before it reached the goal. I don''t think the Crystal Palace fans slated him or anything, I think they just stayed quiet, not quite believing that a professional footballer could take such a poor strike at the ball.

I can''t say I was the biggest fan of Llewellyn before him, but at least he had some vague semblance of presence on the pitch.

I''d like to see us bring in someone like Wolves'' Mark Kennedy (probably their only quality player) to play that position. He can put in great crosses and scores his fair share of goals from distance. Certainly a potential signing if we switch places next season anyhow!

Every team has its share of journeymen - Easton just happens to be one of ours. He will never ever set the heather on fire and sometimes he can be diabolical. But, he can fill a role when required as long as we do not expect too much of him.
He is not as good as our other midfielders, which is why he is not in the team. Also, reaching the dizzy heights of near Premiership status, playing well, and looking forward, of course he would not make the grade. But........if we were to lose one midfield player thru injury, he would have a more meaningful part to play. As we step up the gears in performances (hopefully!!) as we have done this season, his relative lack of talent is seen. Worthy will probably want him there as a stop gap in necessary circumstances. Stop being so harsh on him.............we all have our limitations and he is probably not costing the earth to employ for the time being. You never know............he may just be there to score the all important goal at Crewe!!

I have to disagree!!!!!!!
When ever Worthington has given Easton a chance, the whole crowd a so quick to get on his back. if you watch his football he is actually a very talented player and always gives 100%. I really think if Worthington and the NCFC fans were to give him a chance he could turn his current game around!

Let me ask you all just one question...
Which name would you rather see on the team sheet? Easton or Henderson?

Easton''s contracted until 2005. He was also signed pre ITV Digital collapse, so he''s probably on a decent money, which he''d be unable to get elsewhere.

If you actually watch Easton, he''s a relatively good passer and crosser of the ball. Problem is his tackling isn''t that good, his reading of the game sometimes looks questionable and he rarely seems to take his man on, get to the byline to whip in a good cross. When he does cross the ball, it tends to be from a much deeper postion.

That said, he''s the professional footballer and I''m not, so I guess he''s having the last laugh

"Which name would you rather see on the team sheet? Easton or Henderson?"

Henderson, without doubt. He has the ability to play with the ball at his feet, beat defenders and put in a good cross, and seems to get better just about every time he steps onto the pitch. His only downfall has been in the last 15 to 20 minutes of matches when he tends to start losing composure somewhat. But what can you expect from an 18 year old!! And Easton''s always gone long before that.

But that''s besides the point as Hendo''s out of position playing on the left, so if that''s what you''re getting at it would be an unfair contest. Quite what fans have against the kid completely escapes me!

spot on ark, i felt 4 hendo after saturday, SOME fans were well out of order, but still dont know why brennan was dropped, really hope hes back in the team on sat, hendo scored 4 the reserves so i hope hes on the bench !!