Sign in to follow this  
unique

Joe Hart

Gareth Southgate seems to be a deep-thinker and intelligent manager......so how in the world does he believe that Joe Hart is the best English goalkeeper?

He''s always been prone to mistakes. Neither of those free kicks yesterday were unstoppable or even in the corner of the goal. Hopefully Forster will be given a chance now

Played well for most England games and is still learning the art of keeping. Would start in most teams.

Yeah still learning at the age of 30 and after 70 England caps. Good shout 👏🏻

Cost us goals at the last two major tournaments and still doing it. The bad has outweighed the good for sometime.

If Ruddy or McGovern had let those two free kicks in, people woud be demanding they be dropped. Both free kicks were good, but for Joe Hart not to be able to move quickly enough to at least get near them looks pretty poor.

He seems to have ''done a Ruddy'' and lost a certain something - he is absolutely not the best English keeper out there any more, Butland and Forster are better.

[quote user="lake district canary"]If Ruddy or McGovern had let those two free kicks in, people woud be demanding they be dropped. Both free kicks were good, but for Joe Hart not to be able to move quickly enough to at least get near them looks pretty poor.

[/quote]
Some people, eh? If Rudd had even been in the net "some people" would have been suggesting he has the potential of David de Gea. 

Looks to me his legs are slower now doing a Peter Shilton & David Seamen showing to much of his goal that he will never get to or reach if ball goes over the wall

they were good free kicks but not in corners and he was nowhere near them

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Looks to me his legs are slower now doing a Peter Shilton & David Seamen showing to much of his goal that he will never get to or reach if ball goes over the wall

they were good free kicks but not in corners and he was nowhere near them[/quote]

Those two were still great at 30!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]If Ruddy or McGovern had let those two free kicks in, people woud be demanding they be dropped. Both free kicks were good, but for Joe Hart not to be able to move quickly enough to at least get near them looks pretty poor. [/quote]
Some people, eh? If Rudd had even been in the net "some people" would have been suggesting he has the potential of David de Gea. 
[/quote]

Or possibly, if Rudd had been in the net, being an excellent shot stopper, would have saved them.  Then perhaps people might talk about him having top goalie potential.  He''s still our player, still a great shot stopper, still young enough and may still have a great future.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]If Ruddy or McGovern had let those two free kicks in, people woud be demanding they be dropped. Both free kicks were good, but for Joe Hart not to be able to move quickly enough to at least get near them looks pretty poor. [/quote]
[/quote]

Or possibly, if Rudd had been in the net, being an excellent shot stopper, would have saved them.  Then perhaps people might talk about him having top goalie potential.  He''s still our player, still a great shot stopper, still young enough and may still have a great future.  

[/quote]
Yes, but he wasn''t, he didn''t and they''re not.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]If Ruddy or McGovern had let those two free kicks in, people woud be demanding they be dropped. Both free kicks were good, but for Joe Hart not to be able to move quickly enough to at least get near them looks pretty poor. [/quote]
[/quote]Or possibly, if Rudd had been in the net, being an excellent shot stopper, would have saved them.  Then perhaps people might talk about him having top goalie potential.  He''s still our player, still a great shot stopper, still young enough and may still have a great future. [/quote]
Yes, but he wasn''t, he didn''t and they''re not.
[/quote]

But if he was, he might have done and he still might have it.   He is taller than McGovern, more agile than Ruddy - and by the looks of it quicker than Hart - and he has successful seasons on loan - and premier league experience where he made some fantastic saves.....or maybe it''s not ok to speculate on the talented players at our club.............

hate to write Rudd off, but cant see him get a look in, think he has peaked and not to the level we all hoped. I really think it will be between Gunn and Matthews this season, two young keepers of real promise.

What a boring match it was with our new boring manager serving up more of the same cowardly football.

Two sitting midfielders against a Championship side.

And yes Hart was so slow to move and he set the wall up wrong with the tallest players in the middle with midget Griffiths taking the kicks. How stupid is that?

Southgate is no different from any other gutless, tactic naive make do we have had for years.

i agree Keelan

if we played Premiership football England would walk these matches

fast attacking football but no we go the slow build up route that none of our players play week in week out and are used to

Dele Alli and Kane and the full backs all look totally different playing for club now you could say the foreign players make up the squad well we should have players who can do the foreigners roles in the team from the pool of players England have to choose from

It''ll be interesting to see if the U21s can follow up the U20s success. And, hopefully, that might develop to see them graduate into the senior side in a couple of years.

My concern is that those young players won''t get a look in at their Premiership sides. And so, they end up in Championship squads on loan or stagnate on the bench at their home club.

I lost interest in our national side after Euro ''96. I take part in it purely as a formality these days, and much like the general election, completely awash with apathy.

[quote user="Morgan"]I lost interest in our national side after Euro ''96. I take part in it purely as a formality these days, and much like the general election, completely awash with apathy.[/quote]

That''s a shame for you.

I Enjoyed the equaliser immensely. I find it strange how people find it hard to support their national side with passion.

It probably stems from the Sven and Cappello eras.. where the FA tried to turn the national team into some kind of fashionable side that was completely out of touch with what English people loved about the national team.

But.... things are changing. We''ve got a young squad and a young coach with plenty of passion. If England fans can re align there expectancy levels, then supporting England can be fun again.

A world cup next year in England would have helped too.

I completely agree with you. I''m not being ''bah humbug'' about it but I just struggle to get interested in the national side though I''m well pleased for Jacob getting a shot in the U21''s.

Maybe my malaise stems from all the negativity in the press which makes me switch off from it all. I''d rather be ''neutral'' and cheer the underdog which you could argue England are these days.

Yes, the U21s and the World Cup winning U20s look to be a good sign for the future.

What a pity that most of them will never get the opportunity to develop their games because of the numerous overpaid foreign imports into our leagues.

Not forgetting a ''guaranteed place'' by those who are usually employed by the top 6 clubs, which was quite rightly pointed out by this threads poster.

Hart has always has an inflated sense of his own abilities and even now is not taking responsibility. He should have been binned a couple of years ago.

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Hart has always has an inflated sense of his own abilities and even now is not taking responsibility. He should have been binned a couple of years ago.

Apples[/quote]Totally agree with this. Plus... what on earth did he look like in that hat? [;)]Pickford, for me.