Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Bielik incoming...

indy i love building a younger team something to blend and gel for future

little worried about his lack of experience but like others said klose and pinto have plenty and also experience didn''t help us last season so maybe someone with out the fear is what we need and just goes out and plays

i would love it if we could buy a 19 to 23 year old CB and one we could profit from if he is a star but they cost money

but happy if Bielik can get us up into the PL so we can get money to buy our own !!

Well if the rumours are true, we could sign Raggett (23 year old CB) from Lincoln and Bielik on loan as well. In addition to previously playing as a DM, Bielik is said to be able to play anywhere across the back line, so could provide cover at FB as well. Makes sense to me.

i would be happy with Raggett seems to fit the mold

still have to have a natural L/B for me to come in ( which i am sure they will sign )

i hate when players fill gaps to get the best out of a LB they have to be natural in that position to get forward and deep crossing

Raggett and Bielik like any players are always a gamble, but you''d hope we have a new structure and coach with his own ideas, hopefully unlike the little lost Scotsman Farke will get in players to fit his system and buy into his ideas.

It''s the best first month we''ve had in years, buying players before offloading meaning we won''t be caught out come end of August.

Long may it continue.

Indy wrote the following post at 11/06/2017 9:37 AM:

Wow again a thread being derailed by those so called inner circle....why try to get another thread into a fight!

I believe the days of short men seeking to own the board has passed Indy 😀

Van Wink it''s a good thread so why the need to try and get a bite again? I''m sure it''s not needed.

I can see this signing being a potential win win, as I don''t think he''ll ever get into the Arsenal first 11, but if he has a successful season with us and promotion it could turn into a permanent signing, who knows.

Alongside an experienced CB like Klose who knows, that''s if Klose is here come August!

Indy wrote the following post at 11/06/2017 3:15 PM:

Van Wink it''s a good thread so why the need to try and get a bite again? I''m sure it''s not needed.

Spot on Indy 👍

Doubt Klose will be here come August. Big wages and one who will attract interest for severall million. From bundesliga and I seem to remember him being linked to Basel his home town club who have recently been taken over and the new owner had said he wants more players from Basel.

Hopefully Martin will go to. No disrespect to him but he''s had his time, been a good servant and certainly good value for money (£125k). But it''s time to move on, work on a new project with players comftable playing the way the manager wants etc. And to be fair hes not any good anymore, never has been or will be a centre back.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Doubt Klose will be here come August. Big wages and one who will attract interest for severall million. From bundesliga and I seem to remember him being linked to Basel his home town club who have recently been taken over and the new owner had said he wants more players from Basel.

Hopefully Martin will go to. No disrespect to him but he''s had his time, been a good servant and certainly good value for money (£125k). But it''s time to move on, work on a new project with players comftable playing the way the manager wants etc. And to be fair hes not any good anymore, never has been or will be a centre back.[/quote]Martin will be here next season. He won''t be on the same kind of wages some of our other players were, loves the club and (seemingly) Delia et al love him. He is a really nice person and has been a great servant to the club but I agree has his limitations. However, sorry, but can''t see him going anywhere!

Bailley originally said Bielik and another also very close. Bielik is away with the Polish U21 squad, so that cannot be finalised yet, the other one, seemingly, can be.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Sounds like Bielik might not be coming now, apparently not our top choice?[/quote]That''s not quite what he is saying. He thinks Raggett is not top of our wanted list, as as far as Bielik goes he thinks that deal may not happen quite as quickly as the player indicated, and that another deal may be closer in chronological terms. not necessarily closer in terms of being for a player higher up our wishlist.

[quote user="Indy"]Wow again a thread being derailed by those so called inner circle....why try to get another thread into a fight! [/quote]Having just held a conference call with my fellow Inner Circle members i can confirm Indy that none of us have posted on this thread unless of course you know a member we are unaware of ? [:P]

I apologise Til I was under the impression Purple was a member.

[quote user="Indy"]I apologise Til I was under the impression Purple was a member.[/quote]No. Of course I am not. And not just for the Groucho Marx reason. Added to which my post was an obvious wind-up anyway - a parody of the Lincoln/Highland School of Uber-Miserabilism.

Never mind Purple, you might get promoted one day! Is it like the funny hand shake brigade, do you need to be no,imaged then seconded to make it to the inert sanctum?

Yes I know it was a wind up meant to get a bite but this thread doesn''t need it and I have to say your one poster above that!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"]I apologise Til I was under the impression Purple was a member.[/quote]

No. Of course I am not. And not just for the Groucho Marx reason. Added to which my post was an obvious wind-up anyway - a parody of the Lincoln/Highland School of Uber-Miserabilism.
[/quote]

Well I found it amusing, and I''m going to try to drop that phrase into conversation whenever I have the chance from now on.

[quote user="Indy"]Never mind Purple, you might get promoted one day! Is it like the funny hand shake brigade, do you need to be no,imaged then seconded to make it to the inert sanctum?

Yes I know it was a wind up meant to get a bite but this thread doesn''t need it and I have to say your one poster above that![/quote]I don''t know whether this was a predictive-text mistake or you meant it but either way you need look no further for a reason why I have never deigned to join the inner circle, despite constant pleadings...

Shouldn''t it be "the Highland/Lincoln school of Uber-Miserabilism"? After all the Wolds don''t reach anything like the same heights. And if we want an abbreviated way of referring to the school, how about "the Grumpians"?