Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Bielik incoming...

My dream is about to come true (today has been an absolute treat) and we will see a Pole in a Norwich shirt.

Signing on loan from Arsenal. Didn''t watch him at bhai last season but from a Polish perspective he is VERY highly rated. Broke into the Legia Warsaw team at 15/16, poor league but they were league champions at the time so not like he broke into the team of some midtable also rans. Arsenal paid 2.5mill for him (IIRC) after a handful of appearances.

19 year old CB. Been called up to the full national team for tomorrow''s game which shows the level of regard for him in Poland.

Should add the source is an interview with the player who said he''s close to tying up the loose ends and expects to be a Norwich player next season on loan. A lot of arsenal fans wanted him in their squad this year.

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=494210

Yes I just posted that in the CB hunt thread [:D]
Here''s the link
[url]http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-transfer-rumours-arsenal-defender-krystian-bielik-poised-to-complete-canaries-loan-deal-1-5056078?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons[/url]

Starting to take shape already, and we''re barely into June. I like the way we''re getting stuck straight into the transfer market.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/krystian-bielik-scouting-report-how-12765187.amp

Can someone make this a clicky?

This is a great scouting report on how well he was doing at Birmingham after just 3 of his 10 appearances there. He sounds exactly what we need for farke''s possession based game starting from the back and pressing high up the pitch.

Dont know alot about him, never keen on signing other teams youngsters and Harry Redknapp didnt play him when he became manager and needed to stave off relegation for Birmingham. Still maybe he''ll be just what we need.

I''m being guided by KIO on this one.......though he is on a bit of a high today.......hope it''s not clouding his judgement 😉

[quote user="Michael Bates"]https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/krystian-bielik-scouting-report-how-12765187.amp

Can someone make this a clicky?

This is a great scouting report on how well he was doing at Birmingham after just 3 of his 10 appearances there. He sounds exactly what we need for farke''s possession based game starting from the back and pressing high up the pitch.[/quote]http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/krystian-bielik-scouting-report-how-12765187

According to Michael Bailey this is a done deal & another signing is close too.

Nice to have the local journos involved.

Micheal Bailey

"Looks like my Monday exclusive has been blown out of the water early then. By the player.

#Bielik #ncfc 🔰"

I hope the positive people are right about this lad - I do have doubts, he didn''t play a lot for Brum when on loan there (started only 8 games in a poor. Champs side) . I''m also a little unsure about us already having used our PL loans (I think you can have - or at least only use - 2).....but certainly hope it works out.

Don''t think this has been mentioned yet but prior to joining Arsenal he had been playing predominantly as a DM (transfermarkt still list DM as his secondary position). In the make or break final game away to Bristol City last season, that was how Rednapp deployed him, as a 69th minute sub to defend the Blues'' crucial single goal lead.

It''s only when your a prem side your allowed 2 loans. Think you can have about 5 loans in a matchday squad when your in the football league.

Huddersfield had Ward, Brown, Palmer & Mooy all on loan from prem sides last year.

If true, I repeat my joy that we are bringing in players so early and starting the season with the squad we want.

You might be right there, MK - I thought they had tried to rein in the loans in the Champs, but thinking about Hudds last season perhaps they didn''t. I''m certainly not opposed to loans, you don''t want to be over reliant on them but complementing what we have with a few is definitely a sensible idea..

Gunn & bielik will be very inexperienced at the back is my only concern

having said that the experience of Ruddy & Martin didn''t look rock solid so hopefully the top youngsters will gel well

be interesting to see

[quote user="norfolkngood"]Gunn & bielik will be very inexperienced at the back is my only concern

having said that the experience of Ruddy & Martin didn''t look rock solid so hopefully the top youngsters will gel well

be interesting to see[/quote]Indeed - but Klose, Pinto and Martin all have a fair wedge of experience behind them. Good to have youthful options rather than the assortment of experienced duds we had last season! Wouldn''t be surprised if Michee Efete also stepped up to be cover for the first-team squad too.

And the average age of the side,not crucial always I know, will drop dramatically.

A good mix of experience and youth there. I don''t think Gunn will be an issue as a ''keeer, he''s been training with some world class players at Man City on a regular basis...

Nice to see us getting on with it nice and early, gives the best chance for the squad to gel with Farke before the season starts. Can''t afford a slow start to the season, we need to start with intent.

[quote user="kick it off"]My dream is about to come true (today has been an absolute treat) and we will see a Pole in a Norwich shirt.

Signing on loan from Arsenal. Didn''t watch him at bhai last season but from a Polish perspective he is VERY highly rated. Broke into the Legia Warsaw team at 15/16, poor league but they were league champions at the time so not like he broke into the team of some midtable also rans. Arsenal paid 2.5mill for him (IIRC) after a handful of appearances.

19 year old CB. Been called up to the full national team for tomorrow''s game which shows the level of regard for him in Poland.[/quote]I don''t like his stats. The last defender we got from Arsenal was rubbish. We should be keeping Bassong and Turner and anyone else older and on higher wages. You really couldn''t make it up...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="kick it off"]My dream is about to come true (today has been an absolute treat) and we will see a Pole in a Norwich shirt.

19 year old CB. Been called up to the full national team for tomorrow''s game which shows the level of regard for him in Poland.[/quote]I don''t like his stats. The last defender we got from Arsenal was rubbish. We should be keeping Bassong and Turner and anyone else older and on higher wages. You really couldn''t make it up...[/quote]

Don''t know what pills you are on but I would stop taking them

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="kick it off"]My dream is about to come true (today has been an absolute treat) and we will see a Pole in a Norwich shirt.

19 year old CB. Been called up to the full national team for tomorrow''s game which shows the level of regard for him in Poland.[/quote]I don''t like his stats. The last defender we got from Arsenal was rubbish. We should be keeping Bassong and Turner and anyone else older and on higher wages. You really couldn''t make it up...[/quote]

Don''t know what pills you are on but I would stop taking them[/quote]I was trying out those Miserabilist pills Lincoln and Highland take permanently...

Wow again a thread being derailed by those so called inner circle....why try to get another thread into a fight!

It''s a great positive thread with some good comments, who wouldn''t be happy with a young signing like this, fingers crossed for Bielik confirmation.

Certainly a very good first month to the closed season.