Sign in to follow this  
unique

Frankie McAvoy

So McAvoy is expected to remain at Norwich!

Does anybody know what value McAvoy brings to the table to justify his retention?

They use him to roll the pitch and will work for nothing until Alex Neil gets another job. Here for the long term then.

He provides an effective scapegoat and constant reminder of the horror of the bad old days of Alex Neil.

Apples

[quote user="unique"]So McAvoy is expected to remain at Norwich!

Does anybody know what value McAvoy brings to the table to justify his retention?[/quote]BBC.....balls,bibs and cones.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Youth development?[/quote]

A serious reply? That''s not to common on this forum...

[quote user="unique"]So McAvoy is expected to remain at Norwich!

Does anybody know what value McAvoy brings to the table to justify his retention?[/quote]Best ask Stuart Webber. But given the way Webber has gone about his task so far, you''d think his retaining FM, albeit in a different role, might prompt the FM mockers to question their mindless assumptions about him. As I said on the Alan Irvine thread, there''s a lot more to FM than the common perception of him allows.

Yes, he seems to get a lot of stick based on his appearance along-not all coaches can dress and look like Conte!

He''s liked and respected within the club.

Plus, of course, if AN wants his old colleague working alongside him again one day soon, there''d presently be compensation to pay.

McAvoy could be sacked tomorrow but there is an obvious reason why he might be kept on. Webber said he wanted someone who knew English/British football on the coaching staff to assist  the two Germans. McAvoy fits that bill, and is already on the premises.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]McAvoy could be sacked tomorrow but there is an obvious reason why he might be kept on. Webber said he wanted someone who knew English/British football on the coaching staff to assist  the two Germans. McAvoy fits that bill, and is already on the premises.[/quote]True Purple but Neil Adams is also still on the premises i am told and surely next season the Loan Manager post will be virtually redundant. I cannot see more than 4/5 youngsters being loaned out. The days of 11 being on loan during our Premiership days saw this post invented in the first place.

So nobody actually knows what Frankie McAvoy does, but a lot of people still see fit to take the p***?

Is there any way we can maintain a "sticky" post at the top of the board, which contains the current list of playing and non-playing staff scapegoats please?

Our new set up seems to have some very very savvy people on board - if it''s true that they want to keep Frankie then I wouldn''t question it myself, he must have some strong attributes if that''s the case (and why wouldn''t he?).

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]McAvoy could be sacked tomorrow but there is an obvious reason why he might be kept on. Webber said he wanted someone who knew English/British football on the coaching staff to assist  the two Germans. McAvoy fits that bill, and is already on the premises.[/quote]With communications by semaphore ?The English can''t understand a word he says so the new guys have no hope [:D]

One would have to assume that as Norwich 1st team coach, McAvoy had absolutely nothing to do with coaching the defence.

It is very rare for a manager to be sacked and his right-hand man not to follow.

McAvoy must indeed be held in very high regard unless the club cannot afford to pay off his contract.

The other not impossible scenario could be that the powers that be know Alex Neil is about to join say Sunderland and he wants Frankie, which could see us gain some compensation coupled with us not having to pay off his wages like if we were to release him. But in all honesty, I would think he''s here because he''s wanted here, plus we already know the club wants a UK coach involved so it does makes sense.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]McAvoy could be sacked tomorrow but there is an obvious reason why he might be kept on. Webber said he wanted someone who knew English/British football on the coaching staff to assist  the two Germans. McAvoy fits that bill, and is already on the premises.[/quote]"Frankie McAvoy is also set to continue with City, although his role is understood to be changing from his previous first team coach remit" (EDP). Bit vague but I read it as implying he won''t be continuing as part of Farke''s first team coaching setup.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]McAvoy could be sacked tomorrow but there is an obvious reason why he might be kept on. Webber said he wanted someone who knew English/British football on the coaching staff to assist  the two Germans. McAvoy fits that bill, and is already on the premises.[/quote]"Frankie McAvoy is also set to continue with City, although his role is understood to be changing from his previous first team coach remit" (EDP). Bit vague but I read it as implying he won''t be continuing as part of Farke''s first team coaching setup.[/quote]

Perhaps by shunting him off to another role,they''re thinking he may quit and there''s no compensation to be paid. Or they know AN is about to be employed and he''ll want him, and we''ll receive some payment.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]McAvoy could be sacked tomorrow but there is an obvious reason why he might be kept on. Webber said he wanted someone who knew English/British football on the coaching staff to assist  the two Germans. McAvoy fits that bill, and is already on the premises.[/quote]True Purple but Neil Adams is also still on the premises i am told and surely next season the Loan Manager post will be virtually redundant. I cannot see more than 4/5 youngsters being loaned out. The days of 11 being on loan during our Premiership days saw this post invented in the first place.[/quote]That is a point. I had forgotten about Adams.

I always thought this article on Frankie McAvoy was very interesting.

He was director at a pretty successful academy at Hamilton, so I''m sure there could be a job at Norwich if is suits all parties. (Also worth keeping hold of him as when Alex Neill gets a new job he''ll probably want to take McAvoy - and will have to pay Norwich compensation).

I''d rather have Frankie Miller

Frankie and Bennys.

Didn''t we do the same with Culverhouse when Lambert went?Why pay out for dismissing him, when there is every possibility of gaining compensation?

Neil Adams should be in charge of the youth set up !

we have a FA cup youth winner for the club in charge of loans !

he should be in charge of the youth sides that''s what he does best and he has had FA cup success to prove it

unheard of with a club our size to win such a Cup with the modern day big spending clubs

I always felt it would be politically difficult for Adams to return to coaching at Norwich while the man who replaced him was at the club. You could see split loyalties from players.

However, it is probably long enough ago now and Adams could potentially return to a youth role. To be honest, I''m not really sure if he is still at the club, nothing has been said about him for ages and he may not want to be involved in the academy at Norwich. He was working with young England players at St George''s a while back so that might have become a permanent role for him.

Does anyone actually know what Neil Adams is up to these days? Anyone seen him at their local shop picking up a pint of semi-skimmed and a copy of the Evening News?

My info came from a member of staff ( yeah,yeah,yeah let''s not go there ) that Adams is still on the club payroll so maybe i have a question for Messrs.Webber & Stone at the NCFSC forum on 13th July.