Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Norwich put off by Hoogma fee

Rob

Butler claimed earlier this month that Norwich were in talks with an

unknown Dutch defender, which is now revealed to have been Hoogma.

The 19-year-old central defender has played 36 league games in his career for Heracles in the Dutch league.

He is seen as a promising young player who could go on to gain international recognition.

However, Norwich were not prepared to pay £1.5m to land the signing –

whether that is down to funds or whether they think he is not worth

that much, is unknown.

Pity, looks a good candidate.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]He signed for Hoffenheim today - his dad is the sporting director there.[/quote]

That''s going to help!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]He signed for Hoffenheim today - his dad is the sporting director there.[/quote]

Where''d you get that from? Hoffenheim director is Alexander Rosen and Justin Hoogma''s dad is Nico-Jan Hoogma.

Sounds like a great prospect. Not sure it would be wise to have Bielik alongside another 19 year old. Maybe it was either or. I know that one isn''t finalised!

I think we''ll need three new centre backs. I can''t see us keeping Klose. He didn''t seem to have his heart in it last season. Possibly leading to his poor form. I''d rather have players that want to fight for the cause.

I second that Wishbone, but you need to make them an interesting enough offer to bring them to Norfolk...

"No room to splash out" etc...

Not much Norwich could have done to beat Hoffenheim to a signing - they will be in the Champions League next season after all.

I''d imagine Norwich would have know at least a week ago that the Hoogma thing wasn''t happening, and the interest in Bielik probably materialised afterwards (or at least the firmer interest in the player).

I too think we will see at least 3 new centre backs coming this summer, potentially more if Farke decides to use the 3-4-3 that Tuchel used at Dortmund.