Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Nice profit Arnhem

and like Vadis this season is headed towards playing in the champions league.

Good luck to him; we have our own challenges to face

Back to the "we sell too cheap" mantra then.

Having said that RVW @ £5m Euros? Who would have thunk it?

I blame Snoddy .......... always have.

I blame Whittaker, if he hadn''t put the ball on RVW''s head for that goal against Everton then we wouldn''t have the supporters still hanging on to "he might have made it with a different manager / different style". All your fault Steven Whittaker......

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Back to the "we sell too cheap" mantra then.

Having said that RVW @ £5m Euros? Who would have thunk it?

I blame Snoddy .......... always have.[/quote]We badly wanted him and his wages off our books and potential buyers knew that. Added to which he had flopped not just with us but in France and more so in Spain. We were always going to have to accept he would not go to a club in one of the top European leagues, which automatically meant the price would be low. I doubt 5m euros is the basic fee. Almost certainly there are clauses in there that might or might not get triggered. And we may have included a sell-on clause.

Not the first to flop coming to the Premiere league from abroad . Forlan at Man Utd was dire but got it together at Madrid again .

I think Ricky has some interesting times ahead now the confidence has returned .We will see if he can cut it in the Champions league next season and personally I hope he does.

That''s football, some players you sign, they perform for you and you sell at a profit, some flop, and you make a loss.

Swings and roundabouts, and all that.

No bitterness towards Arnhem, they signed him, he done a job and they''ve accepted a bid, and made a profit. Happens all the time, as we would have done likewise with the same player if it worked out here, as we have for others.

A bit surprised at this tbh.  Having had only one good season after three not so good ones, you would have thought he might try and enjoy himself at Arnhem, where he is something of a cult hero after his cup final exploits.   I suppose money talks.....and the lure of the Champion''s League....

[quote user="Greavsy"]That''s football, some players you sign, they perform for you and you sell at a profit, some flop, and you make a loss.

No bitterness towards Arnhem, they signed him, he done a job and they''ve accepted a bid, and made a profit. Happens all the time, as we would have done likewise with the same player if it worked out here, as we have for others.[/quote]
Aye. We did the same recently with Grabban and Johnson.

he will score a lot of goals for Basel in the Swiss league might struggle in champions league though !

good luck to him i still think he is a good finisher !

( i know i know )

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Greavsy"]That''s football, some players you sign, they perform for you and you sell at a profit, some flop, and you make a loss.

No bitterness towards Arnhem, they signed him, he done a job and they''ve accepted a bid, and made a profit. Happens all the time, as we would have done likewise with the same player if it worked out here, as we have for others.[/quote]
Aye. We did the same recently with Grabban and Johnson.
[/quote]And Redmond, and Fer. But some people conveniently forget those when they''re bashing all the failures... [;)]

[quote user="Clint"]Very poor business on our part all round, from start to finish.[/quote]Perhaps you could furnish us all with exactly details of what was paid by each clubPorto, City, Arnhem etcSo we can all decide as well

I don''t think any figures are needed to decide if RVW was bad business for the club!

Oh christ is City 1st back with his weird transfer fee obsession? Are you seriously questioning whether we sold Ricky for a lot less than we bought him for?

City 1st does like to belittle people with his pompous remarks, but has failed to address my comment about getting Porto mixed up with Sporting Lisbon.

oh dear

oh dear

oh dear