waited far too long to bring huckerby on and taking off mcveigh who was our best player, more genius tactics from our highly esteemed manager.

plastic I''m going on the notion that everytime mcveigh got the ball something happened, he created danger with his runs and his passes.

still I forgot that we can''t comment on games that we aren''t at, those new board rules and all.

marney must wonder what he''s doing here if he can''t get a game.

plastic I''m going on the notion that everytime mcveigh got the ball something happened, he created danger with his runs and his passes.

still I forgot that we can''t comment on games that we aren''t at, those new board rules and all.

marney must wonder what he''s doing here if he can''t get a game.

another game, missed penalty, rather unlucky,  but still a loss and fourteen points adrift. what now, fourteen points off promotion is a long way from where we should be.

Rich

Sorry mate - wasn''t having a pop over the old "I was there..." issue, just wondered how you were so up to date with the comments on McVeigh - thought you might have been at the game...

3 points lost no matter how you look at it.   A missed penalty is unforgiveable, even if it was golden boots who missed it!!!   We are really going to struggle to make those playoffs let alone an automatic promotion slot.   I know that Reading are a good side, but they are the sort of team we should be beating IF we are going to make anything of our season.   What on earth has happened to Fortress Carrow Road - the walls have been well and truly breached....?

Forget promotion its just not going to happen , we are a very average Championship side and its about time people stareted to understand that. We were not unlucky the Reading keeper hardly had a save to make and we were the home side. Just dont see us improving untill the manager is changed , as i lot of people predicted wins against Ipswich and Northampton just papered over the many cracks we have.

Just got back from the match. Before I start my rant I would say that Reading certainly didn''t deserve to win and that the referee was one of the worst I''ve seen in ages.

BUT....

Worthington once again proves himself to be a complete numpty by putting Hucks on the bench (who''s confidence you''d assume is sky high after last weekend''s goal) and when he did finally bring him on, he takes off McVeigh who had been playing well and not Brennan or the useless Lisbie, who can go back to Charlton tomorrow. And finally, everyone around me said that Ashton would miss that penalty, it was obvious as he is badly out of form. I know there''s a pecking order when it comes to penalties but if I was Worthington I''d have sprinted across the pitch to grasp the ball out of Ashton''s hands to give it to Hucks... who had scored a penalty only on Tuesday night.

[quote]Just got back from the match. Before I start my rant I would say that Reading certainly didn''t deserve to win and that the referee was one of the worst I''ve seen in ages. BUT.... Worthington once ag...[/quote]

Marmite - Couldn''t agree more. Especially about Hucks taking the pen.

The ref was a fool, and proved it by booking Davenport, only to then give a penalty after the linesman begged to differ.

But Worthy was a fool too. I don''t know what Hucks fitness situation is, but he came on far too late for my liking. Even at 0-0 we never looked like scoring so why wasn''t he brought on sooner? Lisbee is quick, I''ll grant him that. But has no skill. His shot when he had just the keeper to beat was hopeless. Meanwhile Safri and Hughes were too often standing on each other''s toes trying to get the ball off the defence. What goes on in training exactly? It was just shambolic out there today.

We want Worthy to turn it around, but it''s looking less and less likely.

I agreed about Huckerby but in the interview after the game NW said that he had chat with Darren and Darren himself thought it wasn''t good idea for him to start.

I Don`t think we ever overcame the  offside trap !   Reading  were well drilled  in this manouvre  ,  also I don`t think Deano recovered  from the clash of heads  ,  he was definately semi concussed !!   Nigel should have noted that it took nearly six minutes  for  Deano  to " recover "  and  replaced him  with Hucks !!!   not long after the  restart    Murty nutted   Deano again  !!   and should have got a yellow IMO .....   but the most noticeable aspect  of the match  was , as usual ,  our poor finishing ,   we had the chances , but  time and again lost that split second   period  of composure  which can be the difference  between skying the ball  , and getting it in the net  .

Nigel  , get the strikers in for some extra shooting practice  ...

Big mistake letting Deano take the penalty ,  he was still feeling the effects of two nuttings , and  has definately lost confidence !   and Hucks should have  taken a shot instead of trying for a penalty  ,  Davenport  played well  , as did McVeigh , can`t understand why he was taken off !

Bring back Svensson! Apart from Ashton we haven''t got a striker anywhere near what you could call a target type striker who you look to get their head on it or hold it up. Also with so many chances I would have expected the big swede to have at least stuck a couple away today. Ah well thats what you get from a manager who doesn''t know a good player from a good athlete.

you cant argue with the facts, we are not scoring anywhere near enough goals...eight in 10 matches is frankly not good enough when we have such a strong forward line...sort it guys and quick before we end up nowhere