Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Diane Abbott

Hopefully we, as a nation, will never return to those times.

It won''t. Too many people now ask too many questions. The RMT is having its day in the sun but their secretary is one of a cadre who are anarchists and want to cause unrest to destroy the way we live. They probably read Germinal as bed time stories.

Unite have an outspoken secretary but the union''s members will not back him when it comes to the crunch

Corbyn is not beholden to these union leaders. The party is sponsored by the union membersn

In fact, the major stoppages of recent times have been by junior doctors, not normally cast as villains but angels.

Does type 2 diabetes make you believe you have read a report when actually you haven''t.

Serious $H1T

Low sugar levels due to diabetes (either 1 or 2) can create confusion; light headeness, incoherent thinking, uncoordinated movement and slurred speach are all possible - so if she was experiencing an incidence of that at the time it is possible that she did believe that.

However it is easy to self manage & enable a quick recovery to normal though, and so a 3-6 week period of incoherent activity is harder to explain away...

[quote user="ZLF"]Low sugar levels due to diabetes (either 1 or 2) can create confusion; light headeness, incoherent thinking, uncoordinated movement and slurred speach are all possible - so if she was experiencing an incidence of that at the time it is possible that she did believe that.

However it is easy to self manage & enable a quick recovery to normal though, and so a 3-6 week period of incoherent activity is harder to explain away...[/quote]I didn''t follow the campaign closely but as I understand it Abbott did not have a 3-6 week period of continual incoherence. She had a couple of bad interviews, and that could well be down to diabetic hypos. And they can hit even people long-used to coping with diabetes, as I know from the experience of a friend. Even after decades she still gets caught out, with extremely debilitating consequences, and she leads a comparitively unhectic life, as opposed to that of a politician fighting an election.

I know this to be true in otger people too Purple. And the intensity of an election campaign could well be a contributing factor. He careful though, if you don''t join the witch hunt you could find yourself being called an apologist....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I know this to be true in otger people too Purple. And the intensity of an election campaign could well be a contributing factor. He careful though, if you don''t join the witch hunt you could find yourself being called an apologist....[/quote]

Thanks for the warning, nutty.I am a completely naive when it comes to politics so I could make all sorts of embarrassing mistakes. As an example, apparently everyone always votes for their own selfish self-interest. Gosh, I can tell you learning that made me feel a real chump. I cannot remember ever doing so. Well, no more. That is me done with that kind of stupid altruism.And I have found out loads of other useful stuff from this thread and that on Brexit. Apparently all Tory governments are good and all Labour governments are bad. It is a rule or something genetic? Not quite sure. But it''s a fact - the country is always better off under the Tories (I think it has been meteorologically proved that the sun shines more often) and they never ever scr*w up the economy.There was innocent me thinking that postwar Churchill, Eden and Cameron were all incompetent prime ministers and that Thatcher was borderline barking (while Attlee was the greatest peacetime PM of the 20th century, and Wilson and Blair generally capable), but evidently not.And did you know that businesses in the UK are legally bound to pay their workers, and that they get taxed?! They cannot just just keep all their profits. That is a scandal, surely? I cannot believe it happens anywhere else in the world. Something needs to be done about that. Luckily we have strong and stable Theresa May in charge.

Would have preferred Abbott as a signing compared to this German non event we have signed

You know boys of your age normally change hands after 99

The question no-one is asking - is Diane Abbott in the inner circle, or just one of the usual suspects?

If i was marooned on a desert island with her i would neatly fold my clothes in a pile on the beach and wade out into the sea to end it all believe me.