Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Diane Abbott

I maybe putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5, I hope I am anyway

I wonder if there is any colleration between her resigning yesterday and our urgent need for center backs?

Her reading of the game is unparalleled and her fee wouldn''t be so bad so more money we could plough into revitalising scampi portions at the Gunn club

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]I maybe putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5, I hope I am anyway

I wonder if there is any colleration between her resigning yesterday and our urgent need for center backs?[/quote]center back?

[quote user="Van wink"]She''d be injured for all the big games, you can COUNT on that.[/quote]With her VW, you couldn''t COUNT on anything!

Poor old Di hasn''t been the same since her and De Niro got divorced.

To be honest, I hope she put her darned cross in the right place today.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Poor old Di hasn''t been the same since her and De Niro got divorced.

To be honest, I hope she put her darned cross in the right place today.[/quote]I think she was fed up with him talking Italian, and all that waiting.

Thank you Double N for that article.

Not a front bencher but at least someone who has the nous to help from the back benches.

I''m sorry Swindon but you are almost fitting the ex forces stereotype of right wing racist.

No one congratulating her on her hold with 75% of the vote? Her own constituents obviously think she''s doing something right.

She''s conducted herself with amazing dignity considering the stuff she''s had to deal with.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
We need to talk about Diane Abbott....
No political agenda from me. But sometimes we miss the person among the politics.
[/quote]Thank you for the link NN - very interesting - puts things in perspective.

Was the hypocrite well enough to attend her constituency vote count?

What does it matter to you?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Was the hypocrite well enough to attend her constituency vote count?

What does it matter to you?[/quote]There''s obviously something about her that she doesn''t like[:(]

keelansgrandad  wrote "I''m sorry Swindon but you are almost fitting the ex forces stereotype of right wing racist".There was nothing racist in that post ! If you saw something in it let me know  

There was nothing racist in that post ! If you saw something in it let me know.

I apologise if I interpreted your post incorrectly but wondered why the pic and the IRA comment?

Diane Abbott has long been the target for those who just can''t cope with the idea that a black woman could be more intelligent, work harder and be more successful than them. End of.

I want to echo Badger''s comments Nutty. I''m a lifelong Labour supporter, but I had fallen into the trap like many of lazy thinking about her. That blog was a timely reminder to look past the easy judgement, genuinely moving. Even if you don''t agree with Abbott''s, or Jack Monroe''s, political views, you can''t argue that what she has achieved could only be done by someone intelligent, committed and hard-working. When you add in that she was one of, if not the first black woman to do so, it just exposes the haters as small minded and jealous at best, racist at worst.

why the pic and the IRA comment?   It''s because when Diane Abbott was asked about supporting the IRA. she tried to distance herself from claims she supported the IRA by suggesting both her hairstyles and views have changed !