Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Christoph Zimmermann set to sign

Chris''s brother Bob has penned another winner!Chris is in the back four,The opposition won''t score.Jacobs out on the wing,Making the crowd sing.The man in the dug out,He don''t need to shout.Says he got his teamIn yellow and green.Kids for a quid,Its scampi not squid.Man in the River EndSays score and do it again.You better sing in the BarclayAnother win for City.The man in the booble hat sitting in the Snake Pit,Always buys a Golden Goal Ticket.

Quite a bit about him on twitter if you follow Michael Bailey

Michael Bailey‏ @michaeljbailey 2 hours ago

These two passages of quotes I find so interesting from Christopher Zimmermann. Gives a fresh insight on Daniel Farke.

Can''t copy them onto here, sorry

Again a very positive type of signing and in our budget parameters.

That said it''s not gamble as it''s free and if he''s not very good we haven''t really lost anything.

Good to see us bring in hungry type players who might just be motivated to play and improve rather than spend 8 million and 50k a week for a part time journeymen pro.

Would like to see us get rid of few now, just to open more options.

know nothing about him so cant be excited or downcast (he can hardly perform much worse than bennett now can he?) but it adds a body to a position where I would expect at least one more signing.

For me this seasons marquee signing has to be at CB.

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]Happy clappers excited by really poor signing shocker[/quote]i wish I had the time to sit on a forum all day for a team I don''t support

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]Happy clappers excited by really poor signing shocker[/quote]Do you ever think that you might get a bit more out of this board by actually having intelligent discussions with people? Or would that fry your tiny little brain?For the record, my opinion on this signing: he has no pedigree of playing at any level beyond Germany''s fourth tier, so is a complete unknown quantity. Farke''s comment about him not being an automatic selection is telling, though, so he may end up being a squad player. Two-year contract with an option for a third is fair enough - not lumbered with him forever, but enough time to tie him down to a longer contract if he''s successful. Big strong fella by the looks of it, though - we didn''t have a real ''beast'' at the back last season, so maybe he could be that guy?

A sliding tackle on wet grass, can''t work out if it was once said by Ron Manager or is a missing line out of That''s Entertainment

captain of the under 23 Borussia Dortmund team if we were signing a big english clubs under 23 captain on a free i bet people would be happy

Borussia Dortmund are a massive team over there similar to a lot of our large teams in the PL i imagine some of their under 23''s are good enough for championship happy with this low cost gamble

[quote user="Armitage Shanks"]Happy clappers excited by really poor signing shocker[/quote]So says the Nappy crapper.

Well he''s big, strong and a decent age.Seems to be very similar to Sean Raggett, and we preferred Christoph. Just have to see how this one goes.

FenwayFrank wrote the following post at 15/06/2017 8:16 PM:

A sliding tackle on wet grass, can''t work out if it was once said by Ron Manager or is a missing line out of That''s Entertainment

Where is Ron these days, decent poster.

Reasonably happy with this one, plugs a gap seeing as we have just 2 cbs left who hardly set the world alight last year. I suspect we will buy 1 more (probs beilik) and maybe if Klose leaves we will spend a bit of dough on another, more proven option.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]captain of the under 23 Borussia Dortmund team if we were signing a big english clubs under 23 captain on a free i bet people would be happy

Borussia Dortmund are a massive team over there similar to a lot of our large teams in the PL i imagine some of their under 23''s are good enough for championship happy with this low cost gamble[/quote]We used to do this very sucessfully. Players like Ian Crook, Mark Bowen, John Polston etc. were all promising players in big clubs second (in those days Reserves) teams.

With Zimmermann''s quotes about being the type of defender who likes to do the basics, a stopper basically and Klose''s comments before about how different the art of defending is in Germany it could be that Farke has decided that even though Zimmermann won''t get far in Germany he would fit in well with this league''s style of football more and be able to play at a higher level here due to the different demands placed on him.

As other have said it would appear he''s not being brought in to be a regular starter just yet and is just competition for places.

Besides he''s only on a two year deal and can''t be on significant wages, seems a relatively low risk and sensible way to replace Bennett and Turner

At last, a chance for the Club shop to utilize all the ''z''s for the shirt printing.

Who was the last player we had with a Z in his name?

quote user="FenwayFrank"]So is his nickname officially bob ?[/quote

I think there is a ground swell of opinion, that it should be Lammy Pie. I know, let''s have a vote on it.............

Zak Whitbread post dates Zema Abbey. Any more recent?

Perfectly happy with this signing as a squad player - not all players signed need to be out-and-out first team starters (barely any side can afford it to be like that), but they obviously need to be able to fill in when required. This guy''s capabilities are well known to Farke so he is less of a gamble than some would be.

This strikes me as a risk-free signing. Farke is bringing in a player he knows has a great attitude, is intelligent, and has the physique for English football. If he can make the step up and compete for a first team place then that''s great.

If not, then we have lost very little.

So by my understanding that makes Zimz, Martin, Klose and, in all probability, Bielik.

In all likelihood we''ll lose Klose, so I expect one more CB in. Hopefully a ''marquee signing'', someone with exp. as I''d have reservations going into the season with two fairly inexperienced CB''s and just Russ.