Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Christoph Zimmermann set to sign

Sounds like a good signing from the little info I can gleem, clear that this is just the beginning of our defensive acquisitions however.

Great.

All panning out as I was hoping it would.

Signing a few German players, especially young prospects that our new manager has good reason to rate highly.

Toilet, on what basis have you judged him a "no hoper"-seen him play a few times presumably as no-one would write a player off who they''d never heard even heard of?

He looks like a centre back I wouldn''t want to mess with - that will do for me! Is there a fee involved or is a freebie?

[quote user="Ginja"]https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2017/june/zimmermann-signing/[/quote]

At least they are now making signings in the right department (ie. not another midfielder).

But is he a good enough player, or is it a case of City going for the cheap option because Butterworth also said players in Bundesliga 2 can be on less than £5k per week??

Time will tell.

Looks like he''s free, as he joins on 1st july when his contract with BM2 runs out.

Was Farke''s captain at BM2

Seems like a good signing....free. Big tall lad who was Farkes captain let''s hope he is a decent player.

I hope he is a good signing but we have no reason yet to know either way.

Yes Farke knows him but his last club have let him go and he was playing under Wagner who obviously did not take him to Huddersfield.

Will wait and see. Need to be convinced.

Really pleased that we''ve got a young powerful centre back in, captain of the under 23 Borussia Dortmund team who Farke knows well.

That''s 4 signings since 1st June, Webber & Farke arent letting the grass grow under their feet are they?

Stop trolling Waveney (Armitage Shanks), bet you know nothing about him

"Hopefully this one is more Nathan Redmond than Tony Andreu."

The answer my friend is blowin'' in the wind.

To be a good signing he''s only got to be better than Bennett which isn''t going to be too difficult, whilst being younger and probably on a 1/4 the wages.

"I''ll put you out of your misery Broadstairs. Zimmerman is Bob Dylan''s real name, right?"

Thanks.

I was going to keep entering Dylan song titles until somebody acknowledged my little bit of jestery.

Forever young.

Angus Gunn 6"5

Zimmermann 6"4

Vrancic 6"1

Watkins 6"1

Seems like we''ve looked at adding some height to the squad as well. Trying to play slick attacking football with big, powerful players sounds like a recipe for success as long as Farke is as good of a coach as we all hope.

Hopefully we''ll be able to really mix it up and force the ball into the net/grind down the opposition physically if we need to in certain games and when we''re not playing well.

We''re overloaded with small/slight technical players but they can''t do it all on their own, even though we scored a lot last season I still felt we were missing another dynamic to our attacking play in particular and certain teams bullied us, particularly away from home.

[quote user="Diane"]Really pleased that we''ve got a young powerful centre back in, captain of the under 23 Borussia Dortmund team who Farke knows well.

That''s 4 signings since 1st June, Webber & Farke arent letting the grass grow under their feet are they?

Stop trolling Waveney (Armitage Shanks), bet you know nothing about him
[/quote]Of course he doesn''t, he''s only on here to troll people. Usually if you ignore the trolls they will eventually go away, but I''m afraid this sad sack is with us for the long haul... bit tragic, really.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]So whats the equivilant standard of the German 4th division where he''s been playing? I do hope our new coach isnt underestimating the strength of the championship[/quote]

Maybe it''s not an underestimation at all. It is simply where the boy Farke has been TOLD to look for players because the wages there suit the purposes of Stone, Delia, Wynnie et al.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]So whats the equivilant standard of the German 4th division where he''s been playing? I do hope our new coach isnt underestimating the strength of the championship[/quote]

Maybe it''s not an underestimation at all. It is simply where the boy Farke has been TOLD to look for players because the wages there suit the purposes of Stone, Delia, Wynnie et al.[/quote]Bore off Mince, no one cares.

The wages suit the club and business as a whole, it isn''t a personal whim by from your assorted nemesis on the board, its something that has to be done.Besides, going out and getting players for 7 figure sums and paying them tens of thousands of pounds a week has really worked well for us, hasn''t it?