Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Vicious Norwich fans?

Or so says Ian Butterworth........"The thing is the Norwich fans are getting louder and louder. They’re

more vicious probably then when we played! They’re adamant they want to

see their side back in the Premier League, so like most football clubs

he’ll need a good start. It’s a tough, tough league but hopefully it

works out.”http://www.edp24.co.uk/norwich-city-s-continental-path-can-bear-fruit-so-says-their-former-captain-ian-butterworth.So we''re not Happy Clappers anymore then?

If Ian Butterworth thinks City fans are vicious he needs to get out more. I''ve been to many, many grounds and we are a beacon of peace and tranquillity compared to a lot of other club''s supporters. But surely all fans want their team in the highest league possible? Isn''t that sort of the point?

I guess it depends whether hes talking about supporters in the stadium or fans on social media. There''s a huge difference in attitudes between the two and he didn''t really have the latter to contend with in his day.

[quote user="Europe_93"]I suspect the word he was looking for (used & misquoted) was ''vociferous''......[/quote]

Agreed.

Perhaps he thinks the fans are vicious, as two "fans" walked up to the dug out and threw their season tickets at him and Gunny when Colchester Utd once came to play.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"][quote user="Europe_93"]I suspect the word he was looking for (used & misquoted) was ''vociferous''......[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

I certainly don''t think supporters at games are more vociferous than they were in Buttrrworths day. Sometimes it''s like a morgue unless we are 2 of 3 goals to the good. But that''s not just our supporters.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Or so says Ian Butterworth........"The thing is the Norwich fans are getting louder and louder. They’re

more vicious probably then when we played! They’re adamant they want to

see their side back in the Premier League, so like most football clubs

he’ll need a good start. It’s a tough, tough league but hopefully it

works out.”http://www.edp24.co.uk/norwich-city-s-continental-path-can-bear-fruit-so-says-their-former-captain-ian-butterworth.So we''re not Happy Clappers anymore then?[/quote]

What he went on to say was that the people behind the scenes at Burnley don''t make too many mistakes. That immediately drew a contrast with Norwich where those behind the scenes here make plenty of mistakes and that is why we never establish in the EPL, but the likes of Burnley have every department functioning at optimum level in order to retain EPL their status.

Verdict: Delia and Wynnie will always hold the club back because they are no good at owning a professional football club.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Delia and Wynnie will always hold the club back because they are no good at owning a professional football club.[/quote]There''s a simple solution Vinny, buy it off them and show us how it should be done. Simples. [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I guess it depends whether hes talking about supporters in the stadium or fans on social media. [/quote]Didn''t that used to happen on here but not in recent times thank goodness ?

👍👍👍👍

Nice that everyone is feeling the love again.

Long may it continue.

[quote user="Greavsy"]👍👍👍👍

Nice that everyone is feeling the love again.

Long may it continue.[/quote]Just noticed on another thread that it did not last too long Greavsy. [:P]

Yes Tilly, looks like I spoke too soon.

Let''s hope the sillyness and previous nonsense doesn''t return.

Board has been better recently.

What is it you''re waiting for Daphne? Sorry, I don''t know your name and you remind me of Daphne my doctor''s receptionist.

I''m sure you can scroll down, it''s all there.

As is my name, on every post I''ve made, Greavsy, as you have used before!

Nope, nothing there Daphne apart from you telling Eddie to keep it honest.

You honestly do remind me of my doctor''s receptionist.

So close Eddie, you only had to scroll one more.

Anyways you''re making an excellent job of making yourself look stupid, no further input from me required, keep up the good work, it''s there for all to see.

The inference Nutty makes is there though Greavsy.   Nutty plainly feels strongly about the subject, as he has a right to of course, if that is how he feels.   So pushing him on it is only going to make things worse.   I agree with you about the board, it has improved and less driven by angst and conrontation, barring the occasional skirmishes, but imo it''s best not to rub salt into wounds!

Totally agree LDC, and would point out that it''s not myself who keeps raising the matter and posting false & unfounded allegations.

As per my previous statement, no further comments required from me, and just wish people kept it honest.

Thankfully I have no idea what you''re all talking about! The board has indeed been more enjoyable of late; all that silly in-fighting got in the way of proper football-related stuff...

Yes the inference is there Lakey. And you''re honest enough to say so. Even if some of you agree about continually joyfully making reference to a banned poster you will see elsewhere that I''m not alone in my view. I have perfectly good reasons for feeling the way I do which I''ve stated often enough in the past. The people who wanted the poster gone have now got the board they wanted. So maybe they could have the good grace to accept it without the continual jibes. Unless of course they are missing what they were so sure wouldn''t.

Thanks Lakey. You have always been an honest poster.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 17/06/2017 2:57 PM:

The people who wanted the poster gone have now got the board they wanted. So maybe they could have the good grace to accept it without the continual jibes.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 16/06/2017 2:31 PM:

Careful City 1st. You could be next.....

Hmmm. Keeping it honest?