Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Shirt Hoax/Leak with Sponsorship

I''m no graphic designer, rather a self-taught enthusiast. I pretty much just put these together in my spare time, usually using existing kits as jumping off points.

@ Nutty

If you let me know what sort of thing you''d like, I''d be happy to help.

[quote user="Morgan"]Haven''t we always had shirt sponsored by local businesses??[/quote]To clear up any misunderstanding, no we haven''t, either always or recently, had local businesses sponsoring our shirts. As pointed out Proton are based in Malaysia, Flybe the other side of the country and Asics are a Japanese multinational company. In addition to those, for the last 8 years we have been sponsored by an international insurance company, who''s head office is 1 Undershaft, London. Aviva also have offices in other UK cities York and Perth, with worldwide bases in France, Ireland, Poland, Lithuania, Italy, Spain, Turkey, China and Singapore.  The fact that Aviva swallowed a Norwich based insurance company and kept the offices in the city doesn''t make them local any more than McDonald''s are local because they offer franchises to people who live in the area.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]"The current code, which was introduced in 2007, includes the removal of sponsoring operators’ logos from all children’s merchandise, such as replica football kits, and the requirement for adverts to carry information about the Gamble Aware website."[/quote]Thanks for this Matt. The guy I sit next to at work is a Celtic fan and they offer plain adult shirts without the sponsor for the same reason (they have "Dafabet" as a sponsor this season).Could be for religious reasons I''m unsure though.http://celticsuperstore.co.uk/stores/celtic/en/c/kits/home-kit/mens-kit This would be nice for City.

Iwan''s Big Toe wrote the following post at 21/06/2017 2:36 PM:

The fact that Aviva swallowed a Norwich based insurance company and kept the offices in the city doesn''t make them local any more than McDonald''s are local because they offer franchises to people who live in the area.

FACT?

That is totally incorrect, Aviva as an entity didn''t exist prior to the name change, from CGNU (Which was formed by the merger of CGU (formed by a previous merger of Commercial Union, and General Accident)) and Norwich Union in April 2002.

Whose is this company that swallowed up a ''Norwich based insurance company''?

I do agree though that since the name change the registered office address did move from Norwich (and York in some cases) to London as you state.

I this to be the case as I was working for them at the time.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="Morgan"]Haven''t we always had shirt sponsored by local businesses??[/quote]To clear up any misunderstanding, no we haven''t,either always or recently, had local businesses sponsoring our shirts. As pointed out Proton are based in Malaysia, Flybe the other side of the country and Asics are a Japanese multinational company. In addition to those, for the last 8 years we have been sponsored by an international insurance company, who''s head office is 1 Undershaft, London. Aviva also have offices in other UK cities York and Perth, with worldwide bases in France, Ireland, Poland, Lithuania, Italy, Spain, Turkey, China and Singapore.  The fact that Aviva swallowed a Norwich based insurance company and kept the offices in the city doesn''t make them local any more than McDonald''s are local because they offer franchises to people who live in the area.[/quote]Poll & Withey.

The Norwich Union brand was still used until 2009, when the trading name changed in the UK to Aviva, but the two names are the same company.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Iwan''s Big Toe wrote the following post at 21/06/2017 2:36 PM:

The fact that Aviva swallowed a Norwich based insurance company and kept the offices in the city doesn''t make them local any more than McDonald''s are local because they offer franchises to people who live in the area.

FACT?

That is totally incorrect, Aviva as an entity didn''t exist prior to the name change, from CGNU (Which was formed by the merger of CGU (formed by a previous merger of Commercial Union, and General Accident)) and Norwich Union in April 2002.

Whose is this company that swallowed up a ''Norwich based insurance company''?

I do agree though that since the name change the registered office address did move from Norwich (and York in some cases) to London as you state.

I this to be the case as I was working for them at the time.[/quote]"Totally incorrect" is a stretch. However I will cede that Aviva didn''t "swallow" NU, but were formed as part of a merger with CGU. However, as we''re all enjoying being pedants at the moment, I would challenge your accuracy as that merger was completed in 2000 and not 2002 as you''ve stated. 2002 was when the name Aviva was first used. I know this to be the case, I''ve looked it up on Wikipedia. [:)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="Morgan"]Haven''t we always had shirt sponsored by local businesses??[/quote]To clear up any misunderstanding, no we haven''t,either always or recently, had local businesses sponsoring our shirts. As pointed out Proton are based in Malaysia, Flybe the other side of the country and Asics are a Japanese multinational company. In addition to those, for the last 8 years we have been sponsored by an international insurance company, who''s head office is 1 Undershaft, London. Aviva also have offices in other UK cities York and Perth, with worldwide bases in France, Ireland, Poland, Lithuania, Italy, Spain, Turkey, China and Singapore.  The fact that Aviva swallowed a Norwich based insurance company and kept the offices in the city doesn''t make them local any more than McDonald''s are local because they offer franchises to people who live in the area.[/quote]Poll & Withey.[/quote]That can''t count as recently Tilly, I hadn''t even been taken to my first game when Poll & Withey stopped sponsoring us.

[quote user="Mason 47"] @ Nutty

If you let me know what sort of thing you''d like, I''d be happy to help.[/quote]
I was thinking of something that would be relevant to Rays Funds and what it means to poeople?
I guess the relevant things are: -
PUPs (Pink Un Pickers) who are Norwich City fans raising funds for the CSF and specifically the Norwich Downes Syndrome football team on this message board. We are a social group in competition with each other making predictions but supportive of each other at the same time.
Does that help? Any of our PUPs like to add to that?
Thanks so much for your interest and kind offer Mason 47.

@ Nutty / Mason 47

Does that help? Any of our PUPs like to add to that?

Just a thought the Downs Syndrome Association colours are like a canary green;

https://www.downs-syndrome.org.uk/?gclid=COjR68ihz9QCFe6w7QodOfwNIA

Also in Huddersfield there is a good charity with a nice logo in canary yellow / green; http://www.hdssg.org/

Sorry no clicky''s, hopefully might give a bit of inspiration, apparently the shade of green they use was due to easy recognition by those connected.

[quote user="flying high up in the sky"]Gambling is legal so don''t know what the problem is. If you don''t like gambling don''t gamble. The kit looks great. Hope it''s real.[/quote]

My issue with gambling is that the business model relies on getting people addicted to it, who then find it difficult to stop so it''s not as easy for them as to say "don''t gamble".  I''ve had friends who were simply addicted to gambling and like any addiction it''s hard to break. 

So my personal choice is that I won''t wear an item of clothing advertising a gambling company. Others can do as they wish.

The bloke may be a bit of of a tw@t but Joey Barton did talk a lot of sense after his ban, about the relationship between football and betting companies.

Nutty -  Re logo  that Lessingham suggested, this is it, how about if you take Downs Syndrome Assoc off , then make the squares slightly bigger then have words on the 5 squares, like pups, csf, rays funds, ds team, Ardee, just an idea ?

Image result for downs syndrome logo

Sorry Nutty that worked ok when i previewed it, if you google downs syndrome logo, you ll see  the logo with their 5  green squares
or maybe someone else could post the picture for you

Up until today I thought I could post pictures but obviously the Archant hamsters that power this site have been effected by the heat.[H]
Thanks Lessingham and Diane for your thoughts and ideas. I wonder what people think of when they see Ray''s Funds threads etc on here. For me in no particular order: -
The memory of Arrdee.
This message board''s PUPs including our own competitions and the inspiring online community spirit of trying to make a difference to others while having fun themselves.
Norwich City F C which is the catalyst that brought us together.
The CSF and particularly the Norwich Downe''s Syndrome team.
I''d love to know what others think of when they see Rays Funds on here. Both those who take part and those who don''t.
It''s the things PUPs find important that should be reflected in any logo?
Maybe we need to take this to another thread? 

one more try at picture

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ncfc5/media/ds%20logo_zpsqwryjmbr.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/ds%20logo_zpsqwryjmbr.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Hey everyone- this is what I came up with so far. Do let me know your thoughts.[IMG]https://s11.postimg.org/6c533ul7n/Rays.png[/IMG]

[quote user="Mason 47"]Hey everyone- this is what I came up with so far. Do let me know your thoughts.[IMG]https://s11.postimg.org/6c533ul7n/Rays.png[/IMG]

[/quote]
I agree with Cosmic that the top one reflects more of what I find important about Rays Funds but agree that the CSF could be more prominent. What do others think?
Mason 47... thank you so much for helping us like this[Y]

It''s not my thing, I''ve seen a very good friend lose too much by getting addicted to gambling, so I''m not into it.

Yes Rays Funds does good and gives enjoyment to this board and that''s a big credit to all involved.

To be honest I much prefer that shirts have no sponsorship as I think they look so much better than some corporate logo on the front, but that''s just my opinion.

I think the top one is a very good base to start - would it be good to have the number 6 on there to as this is the magic number. - just a thought.

or/and maybe

Ray''s Funds

for CSF

Hi Mason, like already mentioned, for me the top one has the makings, maybe the "Rays Funds" being under the Elbows going from left to right, allowing the CSF to be more prominent? and the green hands to be a slightly lighter pantone?. Just a thought, well done Mason

Agree with the consensus about logos - not so keen on the bottom one, but the top one is excellent. Make the CSF logo bigger and I think we have a winner.

I knew it was too pink.Anyway, here are some second drafts:[IMG]https://s30.postimg.org/9bexrabwx/rays4.png[/IMG][IMG]https://s30.postimg.org/jhiufygb5/rays3.png[/IMG]