Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Shirt Hoax/Leak with Sponsorship

Alright Captain Pedantic! I meant since the early 1990''s when I started to remember things...

And you still haven''t helped answer my question.

Personally, Pinto looks like he''s made up of a skin from FIFA, his features are all out of sync.

Anyone with technical know how could know this up quite quickly.

[quote user="Morgan"]Alright Captain Pedantic! I meant since the early 1990''s when I started to remember things...

And you still haven''t helped answer my question.

Personally, Pinto looks like he''s made up of a skin from FIFA, his features are all out of sync.

Anyone with technical know how could know this up quite quickly.[/quote]The answer to your question is no, we haven''t always had local sponsors. We''ve had Fosters, Asics & Flybe who weren''t local. You could add Proton Cars as they''re from Malaysia but they had a tie in with Lotus.

Thanks, I assumed Asics was just the kit not whole sponsor, Flybe was low cost flights that was a Norwich based company and Proton was a Lotus affiliate. 1/3 but shows what I know.

In that sense, could then be true, we''re lumped with a gambling sponsor. Would prefer the Langley School sponsor that was on the youth teams shirt.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I believe that if this is true all the kids shirts will be sponsor free so will look very smart.[/quote]

Wasn''t aware of this - is that an FA / EFL rule? Good news if this is the case. Doubt it''ll be an option for adults too, given the reaction so far.

[quote user="Morgan"]Thanks, I assumed Asics was just the kit not whole sponsor, Flybe was low cost flights that was a Norwich based company and Proton was a Lotus affiliate. 1/3 but shows what I know.

In that sense, could then be true, we''re lumped with a gambling sponsor. Would prefer the Langley School sponsor that was on the youth teams shirt.[/quote]With my Capt. hat on I''d like to point out that Flybe are based in Exeter, they did fly from Norwich airport but they''ve never been based there.Also that makes it 3/3. [:D]

I think it would be nice if you had the choice to purchase a replica shirt without sponsors logo.

I''m sure most of the sponsorship revenue comes from TV /press exposure, not Joe public wearing his shirt into the city centre!

[quote user="Morgan"]I meant 1/3 for me... ''Tries hard but needs to know home county better''[/quote]OK, I''m sure we''ve exhausted this one now. If it''s OK with you I''d like to keep the rank of Captain. [:D]

"The current code, which was introduced in 2007, includes the removal of sponsoring operators’ logos from all children’s merchandise, such as replica football kits, and the requirement for adverts to carry information about the Gamble Aware website."

Given the new working relationship Archant seem to have with the club, I doubt this story is true. They''d be stupid to jeopardise this relationship by publishing the new kit before its official launch.

I''m sure the club have informed Archant that this kit isn''t accurate, but are happy for people to go along with thinking it might be. Creates a bit of early attention.

The report on the pink un is interestingly presented, it reporting on the fans reaction to the perceived leak, and offers no comment as to its authenticity or otherwise.

It''s clever, and a no lose, in my view.

If it''s fake, they were just reporting a reaction.

If it''s true, they told you early, albeit unofficially.

As you say Lincoln, it creates early attention either way.

@ lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote

Given the new working relationship Archant seem to have with the club, I doubt this story is true. They''d be stupid to jeopardise this relationship by publishing the new kit before its official launch.

I''m sure the club have informed Archant that this kit isn''t accurate, but are happy for people to go along with thinking it might be. Creates a bit of early attention.

Creates attention, but more importantly gets some fan feedback ?

No problem with gambling. People need to be adults about it. Nutty places bets each week and its for a good cause and companies take the money if the bets lose. Gambling companies are part of our capitalist system like Aviva etc. Nice looking shirt anyway.

Found it Re > Bidstack advertising. Quite an interesting read. I don''t think you need Linkedin to read it: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/our-norwich-city-shirt-sponsorship-worth-james-draper

A little redundant now, given this potential leak, but as with most years I took a crack at 3 kits for us a few weeks back, based on elements Errea have used for other teams.[IMG]https://s4.postimg.org/4rukxn4bx/GOTGOTNEEDIRV.jpg[/IMG]

Good work Mason! That green and black hooped number is a bit tasty, I''d be all over that.

[quote user="Mason 47"]A little redundant now, given this potential leak, but as with most years I took a crack at 3 kits for us a few weeks back, based on elements Errea have used for other teams.[IMG]https://s4.postimg.org/4rukxn4bx/GOTGOTNEEDIRV.jpg[/IMG][/quote]
That''s impressive Mason. Do you design other stuff? Was wondering about a Rays Funds logo for us PUPs?

I was told a few weeks ago that the new kit had a green band running down the arm so looking at that picture I think it''s real. I quite like it.

Great work again Mason. Every year before the kit comes out you come up with some spectacular designs, that usually end up miles better than what is actually released. If only the club would hire you as a design consultant, instead of letting a non-creative exec sign off yet another Errea eye-sore. If only.