Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Shirt Hoax/Leak with Sponsorship

From Michael Bailey...May be a hoax, bit a lot of effort has gone into it if the case. Don''t like the low-rent online gaming sponsorship though

Good call on the Brentford sponsorship, cannot see a company having 2 sponsorship''s in the Championship

Casts doubt on the image, although a lot effort for a hoax

The smoke and black screen also matches the Instagram photo Norwich City posted teasing the kit release. Real shame about the gambling sponsor and means I won''t buy it, but it is an attractive kit - harks back to the hummel one with the taping on the sleeves

If legit, design based on the late 70''s Admiral kit, one of my favourite along with the Adidas pin stripe..

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Good call on the Brentford sponsorship, cannot see a company having 2 sponsorship''s in the Championship

Casts doubt on the image, although a lot effort for a hoax[/quote]Not what I was getting at.Sadly I think it''s legit.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]We have sponsorship deals with Bidstack and Coral already - how many more deals with gambling companies could we possibly have?[/quote]

Perfectly true but it''s different when you''re going to be walking around with it emblazoned on your chest.  I''m not a fan of gambling (or most things that rely on getting people hooked to an activity which has harmful effects on many who participate) and my choice would be not to buy that year''s shirt (if that''s what it is).  It''s different from the sort of tie ups that go on in the background like Coral - after all, I''m not going to stop watching TV just because of all those ads for gambling on late at night.

With football teams changing their shirts every season, I often find it difficult to tell what team someone supports if they''re wearing the 2nd or 3rd kit, if I can''t remember which club that sponsor is for.  It looks more like they support Emirates or Chevrolet or whatever, than anything else.

I''m not particularly a gambler but have no problem with it or us being sponsored by whoever wants to pay us - no one is forcing anyone to use the company involved whoever it is. It is perhaps a bit sad how so many football club sponsors are gaming/gambling sites, but I can pretty much state in all honesty that the only products I''ve ever used from our main sponsors have been Fosters (though not for years) and Colman''s. If we do get sponsored by this lot, my record won''t change but certainly not through any sort of moral point.

1) Bidstack aren''t a gambling company, so you don''t have to worry about that.

2) No issue with a betting company being a shirt sponsor, they''re a massive part of the sport afterall.

[quote user="Morgan"]Haven''t we always had shirt sponsored by local businesses??[/quote]We''ve had Fosters as a shirt sponsor, not sure how local they are.

I meant most recently.

I''m not adverse to gambling comps I just think it kills what is a decent shirt with it''s tacky, bubbly text font

Looks legit to me.

Not as much of a fan of it as the previous, if this is the real deal.

Fair play Hogesar, saw the words BID & STACK put together and just presumed it was some niche gambling company...

Turns out they are an digital advertising company!

[quote user="Morgan"]I meant most recently.

I''m not adverse to gambling comps I just think it kills what is a decent shirt with it''s tacky, bubbly text font[/quote]"Haven''t we always had shirt sponsored by local businesses??

"When did ''always'' mean ''recently''?I had no idea who Bidstack were. On their web site it says that they ''were'' the sponsors for 2016/17, does that mean they won''t be for 2017/18?