Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Poor old Dortmund

It now looks as it we are after another of their coaching staff - under 16''s coach Christian FluthmannMaybe we should also see if we can get the chap who organises all their fans singing and chanting - Herr V Goe

yes I knowthe joke is even older (maybe not as old as you)but it was nothing more than to try and lighten things up against all the horrors that seem to be happeningthat''s all

[quote user="Jean Moulin"]It now looks as it we are after another of their coaching staff - under 16''s coach Christian FluthmannMaybe we should also see if we can get the chap who organises all their fans singing and chanting - Herr V Goe[/quote]Looks like another onetheir fitness coach Herr V Alle Kummcan''t see Dortmund being too happy about this, though it speaks volumes for City that they are prepared to move from a top flight German club to a second tier English clubanyway ............"willkommen meine freunde"

I knowbut without the welcome or the ''joke''I expect the next coach will be Hans Hupptommie

seriously though, what''s your thoughts on how this will go down in Dortmund ?my thought is I trust those to know who will be the best for the job so the more the merrier, but it does hark back to John Bond and the exodus from Bournemouth

Somebody has already said to me that this is going back to the John Bond era. He brought with him Ken Brown, John Benson, Mel Machin, Mark Nightingale, Super Ted MacDougall, Phil Boyer and Tony Powell.Have i missed any ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Somebody has already said to me that this is going back to the John Bond era. He brought with him Ken Brown, John Benson, Mel Machin, Mark Nightingale, Super Ted MacDougall, Phil Boyer and Tony Powell.Have i missed any ?[/quote]I think Boyer and MacDougall came via other clubsand the ever reliant son.. Kevinplus Fred parrot face Davies

Boyer definitely came from Bournemouth but yes Super Mac came to us from Bournemouth via Man Utd and West Ham.Looks like we have forgotten Kevin Reeves City1st. [:$]

I may have missed it, has anyone got any steer on how comparable coaching Dortmund II is to coaching in the Championship? I feel slightly concerned we''ve put all our eggs in one basket. Hope to be proved very wrong.

[quote user="Woodman"]I may have missed it, has anyone got any steer on how comparable coaching Dortmund II is to coaching in the Championship? I feel slightly concerned we''ve put all our eggs in one basket. Hope to be proved very wrong.[/quote]With respect, I think this is the wrong way of looking at it. We are going through a process of cultural change (footballing culture, that is, though some aspects of the broader German approach to life will no doubt rub off in the process). The influx of support staff following Farke suggests a typical German thoroughness, ensuring that "the revolution" manifests itself at all levels and in every aspect of the club''s football structure, from first team coaching to fitness training etc. So the question is not how comparable the Dortmund II tier in German football is to the Championship, but what level of success this cultural shift brings to NCFC in the Championship. Huddersfield''s promotion to the EPL just two full seasons after Wagner''s appointment is proof that the methodology can work. Furthermore, the increasing number of non-British managers/head coaches in the Championship suggests that this kind of cultural shift is necessary to remain competitive. We''ve pinned our flag to the German mast, rather than the Spanish or Portuguese etc. That strikes me as an eminently sensible decision. We shouldn''t expect a first season miracle, but my guess is the vast majority of us are going to be more than happy with what the coming season brings.