Sign in to follow this  
Coq au vin

Fulham away

With a draw last time, its time to put this albatross behind us this season. 3 points.

Sunderland at home after too. 3 points.

Feeling bullish on this longest day!

I''d love to do one over on Fulham. Especially when we started the last campaign away to Fulham and got a hiding under Hughton.

Binners at home on FA Cup 4th round day. If we manage to beat the League 2/Non league team at home (I know), that game will have to be switched, possibly to a midweek game, under lights.

Birmingham away on Boxing Day, great.........

[quote user="sonyc"]With a draw last time, its time to put this albatross behind us this season. 3 points. Sunderland at home after too. 3 points. Feeling bullish on this longest day![/quote]

I love it when you''re forecasting solid City wins sonyc, they normally come off !

I still remember that 5-0 defeat to Fulham during a right heat wave, defo time to get a win there !

ICF - Yep, Hughton''s first league game. This time it''s Farke''s first game.

Oh no.

The last time i saw us win at Craven Cottage Kevin Drinkell got the winner ! Worthington,Hughton,Adams and Neil could not put me out of my misery on visits since so Mr Farke you owe me one.

New Years day 1986 Til? We drove down that day, and through the middle of London at that. Wouldn''t dream of taking a tank through there now............

My favourite away day (coupled with a week-end of it.)

One game into the new season, one game attended in all probability.

I will soon lose my superior rated plastic credentials at that rate.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]New Years day 1986 Til? We drove down that day, and through the middle of London at that. Wouldn''t dream of taking a tank through there now............[/quote]I lived in London at the time and convinced a group of non-Norwich (and in some cases non-football) fans that it would be a good day out! My memory was that it was a terrible game and we scored right at the end.Never tried to get a neutral to a City game again - except my future wife as part of the "suitability test." [:D]

I remember driving down to that game on New Years Day 1986 too, after the mini bus I was meant to be going in with a group of friends refused to start.

It was freezing cold and a dreadful game and then right at the death a long cross into their box, Dave Watson (I think) beat the keeper to the ball and headed it back across the goal where Kevin Drinkell looped a header into the empty net, right in front of us. Cue massive celebrations on the terraces and it made the journey back a good one.

That day back in 1986 some friends and i were planning to do West Ham v Chelsea which was a 11am Kick off and then go on to Craven Cottage for our game at 3pm. The West Ham game was called off due to a frozen pitch so we went over to Plough Lane for Wimbledon v Portsmouth which kicked off at 12 noon. If i remember rightly Mick Shannon who went to Pompey after leaving us scored a goal in a 3-1 win for them.

This is the best first fixture we could have had. Get the away game to the bogey team out the way instead of at a cruical stage. Who cares if we lose its easy to recover from!