Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Transfer window

I suspect I do this thread every season, but it will start to become an issue very soon. It is commendable the way the club is going about it''s business so far, but we always seem to get caught out in the transfer window, by not being able to get the people we really want - as in the last two seasons when it seems the defenders we targeted did not materialise. But then this is where the transfer window is so ridiculous because it affects every club''s pre-season preparations.  It is a lottery as to whether you can get your wanted signing over the line - it is dependent on too many other factors, ending up like a house chain, one has to move before all the others can.  Not

knowing exactly who your squad is going to be until several weeks into

the new season makes a mockery of the sport. How much better it would be

if transfers had to be stopped by say three weeks before the season

starts, allowing all clubs to prepare properly.  It''s a ludicrous situation to go into a season knowing that key players might still be harbouring thoughts of going elsewhere or be subject to unsettling bids. I know, it isn''t going to change, but it does make the sport look stupid imo.  

We''ve already secured several of our targets before the window has even opened. Plus every other club is in the same boat when it comes to how it affects pre-season preparations. I don''t see the issue here.

The transfer window is applies across all Europe, not all European leagues start at the same time.

It would be more ludicrous than what we have now if clubs in Germany could continue to buy players while clubs in England were not allowed.

It is up to clubs to get their s*hit together and to plan accordingly for the season. Many clubs do not buy players after the season has started as they are fully prepared. Regardless of when the cut off date is there will always be deals that don''t get completed or chains which collapse.

''become an issue'' ?are players to be issued nowclubs will soon be allocated, maybe as with sharesNorwich City will be having a player issue