Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Next season

We are selling out best players, we are replacing them with freebies & cheaper options and our manager has never managed in England and has experience in the fourth tier of German football (22 unbeaten games in charge of the second biggest B team in the country).

I massively hope this huge gamble works but I really do not get the "excitement and anticipation" for the new season.

In my opinion well run clubs do not sell their best players.

OTBC

Well given we released seven players not required, we have signed some hungry something to prove players and still not sold anyone on any real note, I''d wait till August before commenting too much.

See who''s here come Fulham away then we can make a better call to this coming season.

[quote user="Mike "]In my opinion well run clubs do not sell their best players.[/quote]In my opinion, a bunch of players who got us relegated, and then failed again miserably this season to help us return to the top flight are hardly ''top players'', especially when the vast majority of our better players are in fact still at the club, and will only be moved on if a decent price is agreed.Only Ruddy is a possibly questionable choice from the released list (and that was down to finances more than anything, and I agree that he''s not worth top quality PL level wages anymore), and that just leaves Rudd who I don''t think most people disagree with the decision to sell him on.Even if Dorrans also goes to Rangers, he''s just another squad player on PL wages without justifying them often enoughSo bearing this in mind, which ''top players'' have we actually sold then?

It''s pretty obvious that Howson / Josh are on the market. ...

You sell one of those you are selling your best players as we did with Snoddy, Redmond.....

Out of the others I agree only Ruddy was questionable.

I just do not get this initial optimism for our new unproven managers. Would you be so happy with a new team from Division Two? Also not seen anything about the new players to get me "buzzing".

As for our owners the have said they have no money yet won''t seek investment. That is criminal in my opinion and not in the interests of the club.

Just saying.

I hope I''m wrong, my head says I''m not.

As IB said the majority of those players have failed to move us on and Alex Neil went down the old route of buying expensive older journeymen who failed to deliver so it''s no suprised when we get a different methodology in place using a very successful Huddersfield type ideology by going back to younger hungry type players with more to prove thus more motivated it''s little surprise the supporters feel a little more upbeat!

I have my reservations but can see this as a good way forward, just such a shame it may be one season too late as the books will need to be balanced and if we can''t mug off some other teams to take the likes of Jarvis, Naismith and such like then we will no doubt have to sell some family silver to balance the books.

I am with Indy on this one , and it would help to inform yourself about Farke . Germany has a strong league system and I can assure you, their 4th tier would make some first division sides look like "vanarama conference level".

You just can''t compare it, because the reserve sides of the bundesliga often have players on the fringe of the first team, busting their guts to show themselves.

I think if our top prem sides had their reserve teams playing in league one and two...we would see them challenging!

I agree with Indy and Rob, we''re trying something new and, apart from Ruddy, we haven''t sold/released anyone of real value yet. If Jacob, Howson or Jerome leave, I admit I''ll be concerned. But as things stand, I''m looking forward to the blend of new talent with our better players from last year.

At the moment, I think we''re 2 or 3 players away from a very good squad - we just need a left back, centre half and maybe a different type of striker. Unless we can unearth them on a free, we might need to sell to buy and it could be that selling Naismith or Klose funds those purchases, and hopefully not Jacob or Howson.

At least the OP didn''t say "fire sale".

To say we''re selling our best players, when so far we''ve sold one backup goalkeeper, is pretty desperate.

But I suspect when he says "well run clubs don''t sell their best players" he has closer knowledge of this in recent years than City fans do....

[quote user="Mike "]It''s pretty obvious that Howson / Josh are on the market. ...

You sell one of those you are selling your best players as we did with Snoddy, Redmond.....

Out of the others I agree only Ruddy was questionable.

I just do not get this initial optimism for our new unproven managers. Would you be so happy with a new team from Division Two? Also not seen anything about the new players to get me "buzzing".

As for our owners the have said they have no money yet won''t seek investment. That is criminal in my opinion and not in the interests of the club.

Just saying.

I hope I''m wrong, my head says I''m not.[/quote]absolute shyte from first to last !Howson has stated that he wants away. Josh is just you making up stuff.Why are you ''just saying'',more like just whining ?