Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

Standing at Carrow Road

How is it that you can be kicked out of the ground for standing during a football match but the whole ground can stand up, dance and wave their arms at a Take That concert?

Is it some Football League rule as it cannot be safety related?

[quote user="Rustyboy"]How is it that you can be kicked out of the ground for standing during a football match but the whole ground can stand up, dance and wave their arms at a Take That concert?

Is it some Football League rule as it cannot be safety related?[/quote]
It''s not a Football League rule it seems, the law only provides that these clubs should provide seats for all supporters, not that supporters must sit on them. Seems to be a club level regulation rule, I''m guessing is tied to insurance and liability matters.
This link might be of interest to you, seems to me that standing rules are club by club.http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/the-legalities-of-standing/

The day when some concession towards safe standing areas is made by the powers that be cannot be far off.

Perhaps by means of a few experimental areas at a few selected clubs from the Championship.

We could offer the hotel corner for that purpose? Or does the screen now prohibit this idea?

Thanks Ginja,

Appears our Ground Regulations 13 states:

"Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the Ground."

Obviously doesn''t apply to concerts.

[quote user="Rustyboy"]How is it that you can be kicked out of the ground for standing during a football match but the whole ground can stand up, dance and wave their arms at a Take That concert?

You''ve got the same avatar as Canary Top Hat ( Waveney) so that confused me lol or is that a 2nd account 
Guess its different rules for football and concerts although don''t the Barclay stand for most games anyway?

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Rustyboy"]How is it that you can be kicked out of the ground for standing during a football match but the whole ground can stand up, dance and wave their arms at a Take That concert?

It''s not a Football League rule it seems, the law only provides that these clubs should provide seats for all supporters, not that supporters must sit on them. Seems to be a club level regulation rule, I''m guessing is tied to insurance and liability matters.
This link might be of interest to you, seems to me that standing rules are club by club.http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/the-legalities-of-standing/
[/quote]An excellent pieceone that points out that standing is a ''civil'' case ie you are in breach of the contract as laid out by purchasing a ticketotherwise easy to read, and one which I would urge ALL fans to read so you know what is whatfor my part I would say let sleeping dogs liethe club is fairly relaxed about it so I cannot see a reason to cause them to react, or waste money putting in safe standing''

Safe standing would not be a waste, its value adding for customers who wish to stand. I miss those old days, my brother used to bring a milk crate and stand on it when he was a small kid (ah, memories...)